1.    #1  
    Hi....love the latest version of WebOS quick install and all the tweaks added. I tried the 5x4 icons and while they were a great space saver I found that they were a little too small and I would accidentally hit the wrong icon 50% of the time.

Is there any way to add future tweaks that would allow 4 icons per row? Maybe give us a choice of the default 3 and then add options for 4 and 5 per row?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Hi....love the latest version of WebOS quick install and all the tweaks added. I tried the 5x4 icons and while they were a great space saver I found that they were a little too small and I would accidentally hit the wrong icon 50% of the time.

Is there any way to add future tweaks that would allow 4 icons per row? Maybe give us a choice of the default 3 and then add options for 4 and 5 per row?

Thanks!
    I agree. I did like the smaller icons, but 5 across was too small. I would like to try 4 across.
    4 across would be stellar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post

Thanks!
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1847310
    Can't wait for 2.02 to be released!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Looking forward to 2,02 also. Loved the tweaks, but really would like to try 4 across icons (my old eyes aren't like they used to be)
    How many mods can be done thru quick install? I have done text fwd and text balloon color change.
    I also liked the 5x4 tweak except that arranging icons wasn't working properly. So instead, I dropped it, and added another page.
    Right now there is only two things that I would love for my Pre.

The first is a tweak that just turns off the ding (or any notification sound) when I put my pre down to charge on the touchstone (I am getting that crazy ding charging cycle all night! Making me crazy!). I know there are different "solutions" going on for this but for right now I am just turning off notification sounds before i go to bed. That sucks because then I sometimes miss notifications on important things like package updates and text messages.

The second thing I would love to see developed is an application for NYC Subway. I have seen on the iphone one that does not require internet and you can just put your current location and your destination in, then you get the correct trains to take etc.

-Thanks guys!
    PS You guys are making me love my pre!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    quick question, do i have to remove these "tweaks" before i update webos?
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It might or might not be fine to leave them, but we won't really know until it is too late. It would be safer to remove them.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    It might or might not be fine to leave them, but we won't really know until it is too late. It would be safer to remove them.
    yea thats what i was thinking, i believe i will remove them before the update, however if there is a brave soul that will keep them and up the OS let us know how it goes
    It seems like every thread has this question. The general answer seems to be: remove the tweaks just to be safe. Homebrew apps should be fine unless Palm changes some internal stuff, but the tweaks should be removed.
    Both the webos internals wiki page and the thread on the forum here for the patch indicated what line to change to go 4 per row instead of 5. Also I detailed info to reduce the margins providing more space between icons in the rows to make it easier to not mistap icons. It is possible to squeeze a few more px between each icon if you also change the CSS to put the names in two lines. This patch is very easy to modify to individual tastes.