1.    #1  
    Ok this is so hard, how in world do you apply patches for the more icon per row I want that so bad but I'm stuck on the applying patches all it keeps saying "permission denied" I tried mount, remount rw aNd I tried sudo su- both work but it keeps telling me permission denied!! ! I've tried the WebOS internals and pfft that's like reading Spanish with your eyes closed! Could someone please tell me how to apply patches and the how to use quilt because I downloaded quilt but I don't know how to use it. Please tell me in a good brief explanation. Also for some reason my putty stopped working? It was working like 2 weeks ago but now whenever I try to log on it it says connection timed out, and Im all "FML" someone plz help! Thx lots of love!
    Last edited by PalmPreBeatsiPhone3gS; 08/26/2009 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Forot some words
    just go to the webos quick install and under the tools menu, there is an option called tweaks and u can make yer icons smaller without rooting at all. I just did this yesterday. Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreBeatsiPhone3gS View Post
    Ok this is so hard, how in world do you apply patches for the more icon per row I want that so bad but I'm stuck on the applying patches all it keeps saying "permission denied" I tried mount, remount rw aNd I tried sudo su- both work but it keeps telling me permission denied!! ! I've tried the WebOS internals and pfft that's like reading Spanish with your eyes closed! Could someone please tell me how to apply patches and the how to use quilt because I downloaded quilt but I don't know how to use it. Please tell me in a good brief explanation. Also for some reason my putty stopped working? It was working like 2 weeks ago but now whenever I try to log on it it says connection timed out, and Im all "FML" someone plz help! Thx lots of love!
    Here is an EXAMPLE of how to apply a patch. All will be the same except for the last part of step 3. Where you will need to put in the correct app name(messaging) and then replace with the correct patch name (meesage-forwarding.patch).

Just copy and paste the following steps once you have rooted into your Pre.

1) cd /opt/src/modifications

2) find /opt/src/modifications -name *.patch

3) cd / # It is *very* important to be in the / directory when you run quilt.
    quilt import /opt/src/modifications/messaging/message-forwarding.patch

4) # You should still be in the / directory to run quilt.
    quilt series # you should see your patch listed in here

5) # You should still be in the / directory to run quilt.
    quilt push

6) Reboot
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Here is an EXAMPLE of how to apply a patch. All will be the same except for the last part of step 3. Where you will need to put in the correct app name(messaging) and then replace with the correct patch name (meesage-forwarding.patch).

quilt push

6) Reboot
    It works but whenever I put /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $it$ $says$ $Permission$ $Denied$ $help$ $pl0x$!!!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post

quilt push

6) Reboot
    Oh nvm it liked WORKED! dude I thank you from the bottom of my heart, you are awesome thanks so much now I can custimize my Pre! Your the best dude!
    Patch Camera Shutter Sound On-Off Button - WebOS Internals

Can someone give me a little help on how exactly i would apply the patch at the link? I'm not sure quite where to begin and what to edit.

Thanks