Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    With Black Berry and Winmo it isn't necessary to attach files to a message to make it MMS. It's simply an option availible when sending (Select SMS or MMS). Sometimes you need to send someone a lengthy paragraph and you need it to arrive all at once, but don't need to attach a picture or anything.

From what I have seen there is no way to get the Pre to send MMS without attaching something. Usually I don't need to send a picture, and an E-mail is more than I need (plus it lacks being instant if they don't have have something like Push set up). I just would like to be able to send an MMS message with nothing but text in it. The 160 character limit in SMS is a little frustrating.

Any suggestions?

I'd love to see an MMS app.
    Unfortunately, there are only workarounds. You could always attach a picture of yourself Or maybe a 1 px white image.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Yeah, I was considering the 1px image as a temporary solution, but it would be nice to see a more robust messaging app come along as a more permanent
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    What might be cool is a little banner or signature image... like letterhead. Maybe someone could write a cool little quickMMS app that puts a designated image into your message to make it a MMS.