1.    #1  
    Simlpe question, If so where is it because I can't find it. If not does anyone know why they didn't put that on the phone, can an app be made for it? Thanks.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    In a very real way ... there is no such thing as a "video" camera or "still" camera in the digital world ... they really are both just "cameras".

Now once you have a working lens, light, and capture ... the question is having the right software and the right processing speeds to take in many photos in rapid succession and present them in a format that plays as a video.

The Pre has a decent camera ... there is no current "video" recording software, and I personally am not convinced yet, that the current processing capabilities could handle video capture.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    In a very real way ... there is no such thing as a "video" camera or "still" camera in the digital world ... they really are both just "cameras".

Now once you have a working lens, light, and capture ... the question is having the right software and the right processing speeds to take in many photos in rapid succession and present them in a format that plays as a video.

The Pre has a decent camera ... there is no current "video" recording software, and I personally am not convinced yet, that the current processing capabilities could handle video capture.
    Looks and sounds like it can...see below

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...al-no-gui.html
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post

Oh. So I can't call my digital video camera a video camera? I can call it a digital camera or a digital video though?

Seriously Professor, I don't think this has any bearing on the discussion.

As for the Pre not being able to perform video capture, really? Because simple non-smart phones have been doing it for years, and the Pre is more sophisticated then them all which means of course that the Pre cannot record video?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Seriously Professor, I don't think this has any bearing on the discussion.

How is a quick discussion of what is and is/not currently available on the Pre concerning video capture ... irrelevant to the question of whether the Pre can capture video?

I highlighted the similar topic, so you can see the "bearing".

At no time did I say the Pre was not capable ... I said, the software doesn't exist and i am not too sure the full processing capabilities have been unleashed. I think we are really early in the process, like the IPHONE was a couple of years ago. I'll be proven wrong when someone actually does it.