Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    so yeah, RTN reset and my phone is still wack, so i tried webos doctor.....and it wont run....what am i doing wrong???
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    ....what am i doing wrong???
    You're mucking about with your phone.
    "I like paying taxes. With them I buy civilization." Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes.
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kabamm View Post
    You're mucking about with your phone.
    actaully i lost data services ..CS got me todo RTN reset. restored data but messed up some things. so im tryin to do WEBOS DOCTOR.....WEBOS DOCTOR isnt responding
    not sure what your troubles are but try this:

I posted this deep in another thread, but I figured it may help more people if it was in the troubleshooting forum. As a former serial Pre brickmaker, I think I've gotten a sure fire way to get the webOS Doctor working if it hadn't worked for you previously:

1. Pull the battery from your phone, then replace it. Do not turn it on.
    2. While holding the Volume Up button, plug the phone into a wall charger. You should get a big USB symbol on the screen.
    3. Reboot your PC. Do not connect the phone yet.
    4. Run the webOS Doctor program. Click Ok/Next until you get to the part where it wants you to connect the phone.
    5. Connect the phone. It may take a few minutes for the Next button to become active if it is the first time you are doing this as the drivers have to load.
    6. It'll take about 20-30 minutes to complete.

It worked for one person, hopefully it will help others...
    I used WebOS Doctor by following these instructions: How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Is you phone in Dev Mode while running webdoctor?
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    not sure what your troubles are but try this:

I posted this deep in another thread, but I figured it may help more people if it was in the troubleshooting forum. As a former serial Pre brickmaker, I think I've gotten a sure fire way to get the webOS Doctor working if it hadn't worked for you previously:

1. Pull the battery from your phone, then replace it. Do not turn it on.
    2. While holding the Volume Up button, plug the phone into a wall charger. You should get a big USB symbol on the screen.
    3. Reboot your PC. Do not connect the phone yet.
    4. Run the webOS Doctor program. Click Ok/Next until you get to the part where it wants you to connect the phone.
    5. Connect the phone. It may take a few minutes for the Next button to become active if it is the first time you are doing this as the drivers have to load.
    6. It'll take about 20-30 minutes to complete.

It worked for one person, hopefully it will help others...
    yea i finally got it following these directions. i think another member posted these same exact directions and this was the only way for me to get WEBOS DOCTOR to work. i thanked him but i think i should have thanked you. got it working.....jus redid all the hacks/mods and homebrews.........its getting late...im going to have to save all the changing PNG's for another day.
    i'd recommend that if you're going to make mods to your OS, do it on the emulator first. its much easier to hard reset the emulator and debugging the mods you're trying to make than running webos doctor and having to redo everything on your pre every time you screw up something. it'll take a little longer to do stuff, but its worth it, imo. it took me running webos doctor one time to figure that out.