1.    #1  
    I've noticed for a while now that when Pandora is paused and just sitting in the background that it destroys the battery and turns the Pre into a pocket warmer.

However, a couple of times now I've noticed that Pandora will be sitting in the background and the battery doesn't get eaten alive and the Pre stays nice and cool.

It's only happened twice, so I am not sure what triggers the difference. This last time I had about 3 or 4 other cards open.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any thoughts on what might trigger Pandora to become a battery monster one time and a good battery citizen the next?
    I don't know. As a rule I never run Pandora unless the phone is charging. Works out for me since I have the Touchstone in my car. Once it comes off the stone, Pandora begins to burn battery rapidly even when paused.

Naughty naughty app. They really need to fix that soon.
    Pandora always destroys my battery when minimized and paused. If I'm not using it, i quit the program every time.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I'm convinced the Pandora drains the battery at the same rate whether it is paused or playing. My guess would be that it maintains a connection with Pandora's servers, is caching music or something along those lines.

If I could stay away from Pandora (I use it for several hours pretty much every day) my battery would probably actually last for a whole day. That will never happen though, it is my favorite app on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    I'm convinced the Pandora drains the battery at the same rate whether it is paused or playing. My guess would be that it maintains a connection with Pandora's servers, is caching music or something along those lines.

If I could stay away from Pandora (I use it for several hours pretty much every day) my battery would probably actually last for a whole day. That will never happen though, it is my favorite app on the Pre.
    Unless you're constantly listening to Pandora while walking or standing, you need a Touchstone. I generally only use it in my car.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Yea I will listen to Pandora as opposed to the iPod on the motorcycle. It will destroy my battery too. I made the mistake of pausing it one time and when I got home my battery was down to less than 20%. When I paused it it was at 78%.

Jason
    Yep, I've had the same problem a few times. Is Pandora's notification bar super laggy for anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]