Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. Squawkt22's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
       #1  
    Is anyone else having problems where the Phone radio is cycling? Every once in a while I see the EV and bars disappear and the Sprint network disappears and the phone goes offline. The phone becomes completely unresponsive while this cycling is occuring.

    I have put homebrew apps on my phone but wanted to see if this is happening for anyone that may not have.

    I put it in Airplane mode and obviously it stopped cycling but I did notice that the phone seemed a whole lot faster. When the phone was working yesterady it still seems way faster with the radio off FWIW.
  2. Squawkt22's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
       #2  
    I did a lil seaching a found a post related to this in the other forums. Sorry for the duplicate. I did however solve the issue I think...

    Most of the posts mentioned the issue came up when a certain account was added for syncing, usually Exchange.

    I removed the Exchange account from contacts and the issue seems to have resolved itself. It's hard to believe that a corrupt item in Exchange can cause the phone radio to flip-out but who knows.
  3. vreihen's Avatar
    Posts
    495 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    #3  
    There have been more than a few reports linking this problem to calendar syncs (particularly Google), where one or more repeating events does not have an end date specified. Yeah, I'm serious, a repeating calendar event with no end date can apparently cause a DoS on your phone circuitry.....
  4. #4  
    I don't think it has anything to do with the calendars, etc. The radio needs to be tweaked. I've always had the 1x <--> EVDO and offline issues since launch day. Plenty of Sprint coverage in all my areas (Metropolitan city). Radio really needs to be tweaked.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5. Squawkt22's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
       #5  
    A little more insight into the situation. It turns out that an e-mail with a lot of text (errors from a linux backup) was causing the problem.

    It seems like the phone was downloading the e-mail and either timed-out downloading or hung tyring to parse the e-mail which caused the phone radio to reset.

    So if anyone is having issues with the phone radio reseting and you also have Exchange sync'ing, check to see if you have a large e-mail.

Posting Permissions