Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    See subject above...

That would make organization on the Pre MUCH better than the i***ne.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    +1

Or, allow us to create additional pages in Launcher. That would probably be the better solution there, while Folders would be the best way to reduce clutter in web shortcuts.
    You can already enable add/delete launcher pages with a simple patch
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    any way to do it without rooting?
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
    any way to do it without rooting?
    It's now in the "tweaks" section of WebOS QuickInstall 2.0
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    To me anyway, folders that could be labeled and prehaps even have unique icons is a great way to group similar applications and bookmarks. For example a folder in bookmarks named Finaincial could have several links such as the WSJ, cnn/money, etc. I could even identify it with a "$" icon perhaps.

Regarding the launcher and paging, I see my fellow workers with iPhones scrolling page after page to find an app they are looking for. It seems like a confusing way to find an app.

Thank goodness for the global searching by the way. But I rather not slide down and use the keyboard if I don't need to.

Just my 2 cents...
    Could this be done similar to the way Categories works on the iPhone? With the Dev Mode Launcher app for the Pre, the icon is hidden, but it can still be opened through another application. What if we were able to hide the icons from the Launcher, & instead have an application (Folder) that would have shortcuts to the desired applications. For the Categories app for the iPhone, i believe it works like that. The apps aren't moved or anything, just hidden & then shortcuts (for lack of a better term) are located in the folder/app.

Sorry if this doesn't really make sense. Hopefully those who have used Categories know what i'm trying to say.