Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Works just fine on Charge, I don't seem to have permission to change much. I used WinSCP changed what I wanted to in the script. When I go to upload it I get the following error.

Permission denied.
    Error code: 3
    Error message from server: Permission denied
    Request code: 3
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    psm9,

im still getting the unable to find device error.
    After I type (novacom -t open tty://) I am getting unable to find device. This is after I installed the keyboard patch successfully. I was going to go back in and add a few more things. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    After I type (novacom -t open tty://) I am getting unable to find device. This is after I installed the keyboard patch successfully. I was going to go back in and add a few more things. Any suggestions?
    Having the same problem... did you solve this issue?
    I recently rooted my palm pre(at least i think i did) following the directions from the walkthrough instructions and I got all the way to the "setup complete" message at the end of the command prompt. However when i try to get to the Pre command line using Putty it boots me off and says "Putty fatal error: Connection refused" can somebody help me, I feel like I am almost there..
    I just tried to get linux access and all I get is "unable to find device". I can see that the device is there as USB, I can see the driver for it. But I cannot get past this.

I updated to webos 1.1.0 on the phone but that made no difference. I've also verified that I'm in developer mode.

Hoping someone can help.

thanks
    dave
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
    I just tried to get linux access and all I get is "unable to find device". I can see that the device is there as USB, I can see the driver for it. But I cannot get past this.

I updated to webos 1.1.0 on the phone but that made no difference. I've also verified that I'm in developer mode.

Hoping someone can help.

thanks
    dave
    Are you selecting "Just Charge" when you plug in the USB?

I am having this same problem but I have been able to mod my Pre before. Not sure what I am missing but when I run novaterm I get unable to find device. Is there a mount command that will force it to mount? This just started happening this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPreed View Post
    Are you selecting "Just Charge" when you plug in the USB?

I am having this same problem but I have been able to mod my Pre before. Not sure what I am missing but when I run novaterm I get unable to find device. Is there a mount command that will force it to mount? This just started happening this weekend.
    I've tried 'just charge' and nothing. Neither seem to affect things.

I did notice that XP loads it as a usb drive anyway, even when I don't select 'usb drive' on the Pre.

Not sure if this is breaking things.

dave
    Quote Originally Posted by tbarr162 View Post
    psm9,

im still getting the unable to find device error.
    Im getting the exact same error, under the exact same conditions (vista with a 64 - bit version).

The SDK was installed to the Program Files (x86) folder, but you can still cd to the correct directory (/palm/sdk/bin).
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123