1.    #1  
    i need to be able at least read arabic in my palm pre, if i receive an email that contains arabic i can only see it blank, the same thing with the websites if i go to an arabic website i see it blank, is there any way i can read arabic language in my webos pre?? or to make it arabic enabeled like the windows mobile devices or like the iphone? please help, i would really appreciate it..
  2. smx
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    you can replace the font or even edit it to display arabic, but even though after you do that, it won't display them correctly. Letters will be separated and from left to right. I think this might need a little bit more work than I expected
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by smx View Post
    you can replace the font or even edit it to display arabic, but even though after you do that, it won't display them correctly. Letters will be separated and from left to right. I think this might need a little bit more work than I expected
    how do i do that? can you tell me step by step how to replace the font? or edit it from my palm pre? i just want to be able to read arabic on my palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter200 View Post
    i need to be able at least read arabic in my palm pre, if i receive an email that contains arabic i can only see it blank, the same thing with the websites if i go to an arabic website i see it blank, is there any way i can read arabic language in my webos pre?? or to make it arabic enabeled like the windows mobile devices or like the iphone? please help, i would really appreciate it..
    Yes true, I need the Arabic support too. how?
    i found some information here

forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/189477-modifying-replacing-fonts.html

they explain how to change the font to VL-PGothic-Regular.ttf (Japanese) , uming.ttc (Chinese) , batang.ttf (Korean).

i'm guessing that it will work for arabic , but again will it link the letters!?

inshallah i'll get my pre next week, its on its way from Germany, so i'm using my time to find A solution before it reaches me ;-)
    this site has a long list of arabic fonts, which should work on linux/pre.

alanwood.net/unicode/fonts.html#arabic

u can use it with the previous post to download a ttf arabic font.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myir View Post
    Yes true, I need the Arabic support too. how?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
    this site has a long list of arabic fonts, which should work on linux/pre.

alanwood.net/unicode/fonts.html#arabic

u can use it with the previous post to download a ttf arabic font.
    Thanks for the great information.
    Pls let me know if anyone finds a solution for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter200 View Post
    The Palm Centro Arabic version came with APOS software which allowed me to both read and write in Arabic using the standard English keyboard (even though Arabic letters were included, it should still be able to use any keyboard). I don't know if it will work with Palm Pre but it should be worth looking into.