1.    #1  
    I have been using Winamp to manage my music on the Pre and it has been great so far.

My problem is that the music player, I guess, doesn't recognize some mp3s. I tap on the first track and it just scans through the album until it gets to the end, not playing anything. If you are a Winamp user, it is the same as when you have an artist in your library but the files are deleted/missing and you try to play them. It just scans through looking for a file.

Anyone getting this same problem?

I am certain that the files are mp3s, which I am cetain are compatible with the Pre.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue (sorry, no help). I sync with iTunes and only the podcasts play. All my music says the running time is 0:00. It just scrolls through the titles and plays nothing. All other sounds work fine. Please advise.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Just been looking around. I opened the iTunes music files in "My Music" and saw a little padlock in the corner of the song's icon. I was trying to play that album; all my non-padlocked albums and songs play just fine. I'm no longer using iTunes to sync my music.I'm just going to copy the files straight from My Music to the Pre, Windows style. F*#k iTunes.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have a number of mp3s on the phone that simply will not play. I've tried to track this down but have come up empty. I believe the music player on the Pre is pulseaudio. So on the pre, I see this running:

/usr/bin/pulseaudio --log-target=syslog

However, I see no logging in /var/log about pulseaudio. And when I try to play the 'bad' mp3s (it just skips the file, but _does_ properly read the ID3 tag information) nothing is logged anywhere I can find.

I've tried to just run pulseaudio from the commandline (to see if it outputs information to console), but can't seem to figure out how to do so...some process keeps relaunching the pulseaudio binary every time I kill it, and it complains about the process already running whenever I try to fire off a new instance of it. Anyone know much about pulseaudio, or perhaps what daemon keeps re-launching it?

Or, barring that, changing the Pre to use something else, like mpg123?