Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ok i had my pre rooted twice before the first time i managed to mess somethin up and did webos doctor the second time i rooted and decided before i can mess anything up ill just run webos doctor and leave it at that. I am however reaching out for advise. Im not to bad on my pc but i dont quite understand all that is involved in having root. Is this something that is worth me dorking around with. Im the type of person that loves to get into stuff and try to figure it out, my pre is set up kind of how i like it and if i screw something up running webos doc starts me over. So to my questions. Is there a way to back up everything on the pre, like a restore point on a pc? Is having root really that great, im sure it is i would love to figre out how to change my dialer, boot screen etc. Thanks
    Yes, it is really that great. Instead of using the doctor every time you screw something up, back up the files you're editing and replace those.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Rooting is alot easier than it was a month or two ago. I just had to restore my phone with the WebOS doctor yesterday, & it's really just 6 steps of copy & paste to get your Pre rooted.