1.    #1  
    Love File Coaster, love the Homebrew Apps, but really want my Win XP PC to stop prompting me about Novacom every time I attach via USB.

How can I remove/deactivate/mute Novacom from my Pre? I know the answer lies within the Pre itself, since I get the same message on other XP desktops.

Any kind soul who might answer my question should note that I have no programing skills (which may be evident from the question).

PM
    novacom linux is the name of the linux distribution used for the palm pre, so unless you want to turn your pre into a paperweight, don't try and remove it.

i believe that you have developer mode turned on which is why you see the novacom linux popping up when you plug in the pre. turn off developer mode and you shouldn't see that anymore.
  3.    #3  
    Well, that's a handy tip. Thanks for saving me the further embarrassment of erasing my OS.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I don't know how to "turn off developer mode." Should I enter the directional Konami code as it appeared in the sacred Nintendo scrolls?

Will typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" solve my problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_mathews View Post
    Well, that's a handy tip. Thanks for saving me the further embarrassment of erasing my OS.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I don't know how to "turn off developer mode." Should I enter the directional Konami code as it appeared in the sacred Nintendo scrolls?

Will typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" solve my problem?
    the code will bring up the app for you to turn off dev mode.

you may want look at rooting your pre and setting up a user account so that you don't need to turn on dev mode anymore and you will still be able to modify your pre.

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals <-- here is a link on the procedures on how to do it.