Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81
  1.    #1  
    Hey, I'm going to have the chance to talk to a rep directly from palm so I was putting together a list of complaints about the Pre and WebOS in general.
    heres what I have so far
    battery life
    no custom text alert
    data port cover (placement, whatnot)
    5 min increments on alarms
    no on device file management (a la winmo file explorer)

    so let me know what your complaints are and I'll pass them along
    Last edited by jbearamus; 08/25/2009 at 10:14 PM.
  2. bitmage's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post

    so let me know what your complaints are and I'll pass them along
    Alarms need to repeat at x interval until acknowledged. As it is now, if you aren't able to hear an alarm you won't find out about it until you next use the Pre. To-do's need alarms at settable times. If an alert is waiting, it would be helpful for a visible indication like pulsing the center button to be shown.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
  3. #3  
    I'd like to be able to set a reminder on alerts. For example, I received a text message when my phone was sitting on my desk and I left my office. I come back but do not turn on my screen to check for messages, the phone beeps every two minutes to tell me I have a text/missed call/e-mail/etc waiting.
  4. #4  
    smoother copy and paste (plus copy and paste on the broswer)
    quality voice recorder
    FWD
  5. PapaDocta's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #5  
    multi-language support...at least viewing !
    and faster boot time!
  6. #6  
    Radio signal tweak. EVDO <--> 1x while the phone has not moved an inch (live in Houston, plenty of towers)? Text forwarding and if not then allow copy & paste within text app, not just the input part of the app.
  7. #7  
    bluetooth file sharing
  8. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    #8  
    More sound control features, allow volume and tone change for ringers, messages, alarms, emails, calendar, etc to be all different and customizable without need for Homebrew. I need to be able to hear my message alert. I also want to be able to hear that without giving myself a heart attack when my alarm goes off.

    Perhaps some kind of notification light for messages
  9. Partyman's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #9  
    How about the ability to forward text messages and video recording.
  10.    #10  
    lots of great suggestions, thanks guys, keep em coming
  11. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #11  
    notifications through bluetooth stereo headset (as well as from the phone itself)
    -m
  12. g0rey1's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #12  
    sync via usb w/outlook (memos, task, etc)
    as previously stated, universal copy & paste
    true universal search (search calendar as well)
    more control over timid vibrate
    repeat visual notification (button?)
    move "emergency call" away from "cancel" button on unlock screen to avoid accidental 911 calls (to top?)
    ability to control cursor with keyboard
    landscape in email
    as previously stated, file system control via device (ability to create folders in /images, for example)
    many more, i'm sure...

    good luck!
  13. #13  
    Mind reading - Check

    Iphone Eating - Check

    Funny Picture Taker - Check

    Just need a video camera...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. coolqf's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
    Hey, I'm going to have the chance to talk to a rep directly from palm so I was putting together a list of complaints about the Pre and WebOS in general.
    heres what I have so far
    battery life
    no custom text alert
    data port cover (placement, whatnot)
    5 min increments on alarms
    no on device file management (a la winmo file explorer)

    so let me know what your complaints are and I'll pass them along
    If the purpose of the conversation to discuss complaints, than he's more of a customer service representative. If he's more of a manager, then he (or she) will be more interested in areas that need improving.
    Example:
    Business:
    -Ability to accept/reject meeting invitations
    -Silent all ringers except meeting reminders
    -Increased reliability of calendar updates
    -One log of when all updates on connections were made. (ie. Exchange, IMAP,POP3, Google calendar, Facebook, etc.)

    Efficiency:
    -Text message forwarding
    -Built-in dictionary
    -Expand availability copy/paste


    Etc.... This tone aligns your 'complaints' along with intended results of improved efficiency or business productivity.
  15. #15  
    I second/third/fourth the following:
    - Bluetooth filesharing
    - file management overall
    - some visual indicator of the alarms and incoming texts/voicemail. It is very frustrating to have to keep turning on the phone, when I return to my desk after using the ladies room. No, its not going to kill me, but it is less convenient than the Treo.
    - sync via USB with outlook or old Palm desktop

    What do I miss most from my Treo? Color coding in the calendar, beaming files & programs, the blinking light, and Audible.com capability.

    And I would have appreciated it if someone, perhaps the guy at the Sprint store, had told me that there is a 344 page manual on the Sprint website. That little pamphlet wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, beyond 'Getting Started.' I had no idea the launcher had 3 pages of apps, let alone how to find them. I also really wish I could figure out how to retrieve some old ring tones so I don't have to pay for them again, but I'll post elsewhere on that!
  16. larnapp's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #16  
    I'm interested in patches for the sorely lacking PIM functionality because only Palm OS devices ever did this stuff well (Apple, RIM and WinMo never quite got it right and the Pre hasn't either so far). Specifically:

    -A calendar on the Pre like DateBk6 (even DateBk3 functionality would be light-years better than current calendar capabilities!!)

    -Heck, even the current calendar app has BIG holes in it like speed and clumsy data entry options/screens (like changing an appointment from today to next Thursday requires that you know the DATE of next Thursday in advance of making the change).

    -The on-board Task program is even buggy and very short of features, with the "Show All, Remaining, Completed," etc. not working properly. For example, if you have a list and you're in "Show Remaining" mode, and you check off a few items, they just stay there on screen with a checkmark, unless you select "Show All" then "Show Remaining" again.

    -A Memo App that can be synced to a desktop Memo App plus full searchability, like ANYTHING EVER on Palm OS devices. People (like me) have years of worthwhile info we'd like to be able to take with us and Evernote is very weak, PLUS full functionality requires a $45 annual investment.

    -Improved security on Pre-based data with ability to protect individual records or entire apps or groups of files in an app

    -Utility apps that control all aspects of alerts and sounds with ability to select sounds for EVERY alert-related function SEPARATELY as well as the ability to make the Pre's "ringer-mute" switch into a true mute switch like EVERY PHONE EVER from Palm (except the Pre)

    ==

    Best wishes... From your lips to Palm's ears.
  17. #17  
    make scrolling smoother......




    especially diagonal scrolling
  18. yondawg's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #18  
    I want to be able to add contacts to a calendar event to have it email them the appointment, or in the email, be able to add an .ics calendar appointment
  19. icmfal's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #19  
    lack of features such as Voice Dialing/Command, voice SMS txt, voice memo.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    I'm interested in patches for the sorely lacking PIM functionality because only Palm OS devices ever did this stuff well (Apple, RIM and WinMo never quite got it right and the Pre hasn't either so far). Specifically:

    -A calendar on the Pre like DateBk6 (even DateBk3 functionality would be light-years better than current calendar capabilities!!)

    -Heck, even the current calendar app has BIG holes in it like speed and clumsy data entry options/screens (like changing an appointment from today to next Thursday requires that you know the DATE of next Thursday in advance of making the change).

    -The on-board Task program is even buggy and very short of features, with the "Show All, Remaining, Completed," etc. not working properly. For example, if you have a list and you're in "Show Remaining" mode, and you check off a few items, they just stay there on screen with a checkmark, unless you select "Show All" then "Show Remaining" again.

    -A Memo App that can be synced to a desktop Memo App plus full searchability, like ANYTHING EVER on Palm OS devices. People (like me) have years of worthwhile info we'd like to be able to take with us and Evernote is very weak, PLUS full functionality requires a $45 annual investment.

    -Improved security on Pre-based data with ability to protect individual records or entire apps or groups of files in an app

    -Utility apps that control all aspects of alerts and sounds with ability to select sounds for EVERY alert-related function SEPARATELY as well as the ability to make the Pre's "ringer-mute" switch into a true mute switch like EVERY PHONE EVER from Palm (except the Pre)

    ==

    Best wishes... From your lips to Palm's ears.
    AGREE 100%

    While it might be nice to have the other suggestions mentioned elsewhere, the deficiencies listed above are far more crucial. I'm still having to carry around my old Centro in addition to my Pre to search through memos and tasks. Has anyone even figured out what the sorting order is for tasks anyway? It's not alphabetic, and it's not by due date. And setting event dates by vertical sliders (as detailed above) is simply ridiculous.

    In many ways, WebOS is a big improvement over PalmOS. But when it comes to basic core PIM functionality, PalmOS is still -- even after all these years! -- superior. Has Palm forgotten how business people actually use Palm devices? I'll enjoy changing ringtones and alert sounds much more if the PDA functionality is solid first.
    Last edited by doublebullout; 08/10/2009 at 05:11 PM.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

    ...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions