Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My list of egregious shortcomings of the Palm Pre

* Copy-Cut-Paste needs to work for all text.
    * Email search needs to be added
    * Synergy needs an overhaul
    * Turn off screen while charging on Touchstone
    * Landscape virtual keyboard (and portrait too)
    * Media player needs track time information
    * Better and more configurable sound profiles
    * Ability to forward text messages
  2.    #62  
    by the way, the compiled list has 53 improvements that will be submitted to palm
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
    by the way, the compiled list has 53 improvements that will be submitted to palm
    Had? Haven't met with the rep yet?
    what abotu ACC+ stream it goes fine for first few seconds in media player then it slows down WTF palm?!
    Thanks for the opportunity to vent share issues.

NUMBER 1 PROBLEM: There is currently no way to know what you have missed (texts, email, calls, etc.) when you step away from your phone unless you check it manually. Having a blinking (breathing) light, alert tone every 2 min., or a big hand that pops out and slaps you in the face would help. This is cell phone 101, I am stunned that palm hasn't figured this out for the Pre.
    My current complaint not only applies to palm but to this forum as well. Palm, you can't email and I cannot get anyone to take real interest in my questions. Well guess what.....I can't here either. (see my question on email format messed up). It's very frustrating....
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    BT compatibility with Infiniti/Nissan built in systems!
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolqf View Post
    Had? Haven't met with the rep yet?
    No, if you read my update on pg 3 I mentioned I haven't had the opportunity to speak to the reps until this morning
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    My complaints is that I can't copy and paste while I'm on the web. I wish there were more options on the camera such as zoom, effects, etc. Also, is it possible to have an on screen keyboard? I got used to it but people that use my phone hate my keyboard. One more thing, when I type and mess up on a whole sentence, I want to be able to highlight it and erase it from there instead of just tapping the screen then backspace. Are there ways you can do that?
  10.    #70  
    Ok here's what happened. The palm rep listened to a couple of the bigger things that I rattled off the list and he showed me a "work around" for forwarding messaging (it involves a screen shot and MMS) but that was it. He said he could put me in contact with some 3rd party developers who are working with the SDK so he didn't seem like much help.
    I ended up talking to my Sprint Rep's boss's boss so a higher up who did mention he talks to a couple of higher ups within Palm itself and he'd be happy to pass along our list so it's not the avenue of communication I was hoping for but we will be heard and hopefully we'll see some good come out of this.
    Thank you for the suggestions everyone and if we want to keep this thread going I'll be sure to keep everything compiled and pass things along regularly.
  11.    #71  
    slightly updated list posted
    Last edited by jbearamus; 09/02/2009 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    BT compatibility with Infiniti/Nissan built in systems!
    BT on the Pre works fine with my 2009 Infinity G37S... Well, it is a bit crackly, but it works.
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    The single most important thing missing on the Pre is an option for repeating, *audible* (or vibration when in silent mode) alerts for missed notifications.

Some people keep insisting on using a stupid LED. Having a light is only a novelty. It isn't going to cut it. I don't know about you, but I can't see a light when the phone is in my holster, or in my briefcase, in another room, or turned upside down. I also don't want to have to keep checking the phone over and over like some OCD person.

THIS DEVICE IS PRIMARILY A PHONE... a COMMUNICATIONS device. Missing notifications because it only gives a single chime is EXTREMELY ANNOYING for those of us who use the phone to communicate!!!
    The power behind WebOS (and Android, and Maemo, and Google itself) is Linux!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i think text forwarding i smy biggest issue
  15.    #75  
    UPDATE: I talked to my rep again today and he let me know that Palm's development team is very much away of the demand for text forwarding and they are already working on it so hopefully we'll see it soon.
    also i posted a slightly updated version of the list that makes mention of issues with PDFs
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jbearamus; 09/02/2009 at 11:13 PM.
    Well maybe just a few .....
    copy,paste into/from ANYTHING and ANYWHERE, no exceptions. More flexibility.

voice dialer like the iphone!!!!
    More memory like the iphone! 16 gig would have been better.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    Well maybe just a few .....
    copy,paste into/from ANYTHING and ANYWHERE, no exceptions. More flexibility.

voice dialer like the iphone!!!!
    More memory like the iphone! 16 gig would have been better.
    seems to me it would be easier for you to just get the iphone...
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaDocta View Post
    multi-language support
    +1 ... please don't limit us to Western European characters only, aka ISO-8879-1
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My old Palm devices have a way of quickly entering common text strings, such as your EMail address. The Pre really needs a way to either quickly load one of a set of strings into the copy-paste buffer, or some shortcut (I suppose we could use auto-correct, but ...) to allow us to define a way of entering customized strings very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gardener View Post
    I second/third/fourth the following:
    - Bluetooth filesharing
    - file management overall
    - some visual indicator of the alarms and incoming texts/voicemail. It is very frustrating to have to keep turning on the phone, when I return to my desk after using the ladies room. No, its not going to kill me, but it is less convenient than the Treo.
    - sync via USB with outlook or old Palm desktop

What do I miss most from my Treo? Color coding in the calendar, beaming files & programs, the blinking light, and Audible.com capability.

And I would have appreciated it if someone, perhaps the guy at the Sprint store, had told me that there is a 344 page manual on the Sprint website. That little pamphlet wasn't worth the paper it was printed on, beyond 'Getting Started.' I had no idea the launcher had 3 pages of apps, let alone how to find them. I also really wish I could figure out how to retrieve some old ring tones so I don't have to pay for them again, but I'll post elsewhere on that!
    I completely agree with above. I would also like to see an option to turn off the screen when touchstone.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast