Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    -Indication light for new messages/missed call
    -Calendar events on "today screen"
    -Flash (web browsing)
    I noticed one very negative thing, that came with the new Update for PRE. They took away the option to turn on "Roaming Only" option! I used to use it from time to time, where Sprint signal is unstable, and it is unstable in a lot of places, but now I cannot!!! It is very annoying, as even $1 phones have the feature!!!
    Also, if I use "pause" in dialing a number, the phone screws up the phonebook listing, that is annoying too. I cannot have two phone numbers, if they are the same, but one has a pause in it, and the other doesn't. They don't appear separately in the search, instead it shows only one of them.
    And a third thing is that the volume knob for system sounds and alarm volume is the same, so I cannot turn down or turn off system sounds without turning off the alarm. That is very annoying too, because every evening when I set up the alarm I have to not forget to turn the system volume back on!

I wonder, if there is a website, where users can send their opinions and recomendations?
    Stas.
    Still don't have a pre :/ but from what others noted this is what I would like:

Text messaging
    -time stamp (D&T)
    -forward ability
    -(doesn't apply to me) smiley menu for those not used to actually typing the smileys
    Notifications light reminder/vibrate
    Area code display (212 = NY you know)
    Personalized ringers for e-mails, text messages, calendar, etc.
    Visual voicemail

So far those are the only ones I can think of right now, Good luck!
    I would love it if Palm could through in most of good old Palm OS's features:
    - Universal search includes Calendar, memo and tasks events
    - Searches not just the last names of contacts
    - Modular search framework so 3rd party apps could install search plug-ins
    - Contacts categories
    - Calender events don't move with timezone change
    - Password protection option on all PIM entries (with options to show/hide)...

Some other features that should be in there:
    - World clock
    - An option to include music search in universal search
    - The ability to tap on the artist/album name and jump from the now playing screen to a list of all songs of the same artist/album
    - Make better use of that libpurple code base, support more IM protocols (MSN/WinLive, Y!, Skype text chat...)

And most of all, streamline the code, the iPhone 3G (no S) in an Apple store I visited is still more responsive then my Pre. It make absolutely no sense that a simple calculator would take 3 secs to launch even when I have no other cards launched.
    PIM function enhancments are number one. The tasks app is severely lacking. As mentioned before there aren't even easy sorting options. I would really like the ability to build lists within lists, as task trees. I also would like to have a task shared across multiple lists, and inserted into calendar or better yet a "agenda" view. I would also like to sync lists with other pre's automatically so, for example my wife would know that I had already picked up grocieries and could have added things to the shopping list or what have you. It would be nice if these could in some way sync with exchange or have a watered down exchange version of the list but this is probably more advanced than what exchange currently can do.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have 2 Pre's in my house. Both of them have poor signal quality. Much worse than the Instinct and Mogul which they replaced. Since I live in a bad Sprint voice area, We need this fixed!!! Still waiting for my promised Airave from Sprint...back orderd to Hell!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by coolqf View Post
    If the purpose of the conversation to discuss complaints, than he's more of a customer service representative. If he's more of a manager, then he (or she) will be more interested in areas that need improving.

Etc.... This tone aligns your 'complaints' along with intended results of improved efficiency or business productivity.
    my rep in question i suppose could be a customer service rep but he doesn't deal with the general public. He is direct retailer support from palm so rather than me addressing things through sprint as is the case with most of our phones we get to talk directly to palm corporate and no while he's not an engineer he will pass along our List

and thanks for the suggestions everyone
    - reception, phones are about 10-15db less sensitive then they should be.
    - fix blue-tooth to support more devices. I have an HBH-DS980 and its REALLY annoying that I can take calls but A2DP is un-usable. Its probably a really easy thing to fix.
    - backup more settings to the palm profile. I should not lose stuff like bookmarks, current wallpaper and palm device settings and ring-tones/notifications when restoring from my profile.
    - add the ability to sync your phone to your PC over the USB. Not everyone wants to operate in the cloud. Give users a choice.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by stasbel View Post
    I wonder, if there is a website, where users can send their opinions and recomendations?
    Stas.
    theres several contact options on palm.com, we could flood their contact channels til they give us what we want
    Not really a complaint, but having the option to Not Send Return Receipt in mail would be useful and help with avoiding SPAM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
    Hey, I'm going to have the chance to talk to a rep directly from palm so I was putting together a list of complaints about the Pre and WebOS in general.
    heres what I have so far
    battery life
    no custom text alert
    data port cover (placement, whatnot)
    5 min increments on alarms
    no on device file management (a la winmo file explorer)

so let me know what your complaints are and I'll pass them along
    Can we please have the ability to stream real radio stations, not this internet "Radio" business. I am not sure what formats the pre supports but it does not work for most stations that stream their broadcasts over the internet. Something like Kinoma, it just played everything.
    Biggest omissions:

Need to be able to back up the ENTIRE device's memory to a computer and restore completely. Syncing with the cloud is nice, but there are quite a few things that aren't backed up anywhere, and you can't restore the device if you have no data connection.

Voice dialing.

Cut and paste everywhere.

As others have said, notifications and alarms need a lot more options, same for recurring events in the calendar.

Also: email app has some serious bugs. So far I have not been able to sync my EAS "sent" folder successfully. It loads some of the messages, but eventually just gives up. Also, the formatting on many messages is messed up. It's impossible to reply to or forward some messages that are sent to Bcc recipients only. HTML messages sent to my EAS account don't format properly, whereas IMAP accounts work fine.
    I would really like the ability to build lists within lists, as task trees.
    The Task app can be used to do this in a very limited way, up to 1 task deep. Make your "category" the name of the project or root task. Then add the individual steps or branch tasks to it. The sort order for categories is newest on top, while the sort order for tasks is newest on bottom. (You can manually drag both categories and tasks around to change the order.)