Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Trying to install homebrew apps, but niether WEBOSQuick install or WebOSDoctor can find my device when connected in JUST CHARGE Mode.
    So far my best hopes happen when I reset my device while it's connected to my machine.
    I'm then prompted with the 'Found New Hardwar' dialog, and seeks software for the OMAP3430 (the TI processor I believe)..

Can someone please help find what I'm doing wrong or tell me if there is such a driver?? Please!!!

I'm dying to try the Google Voice app..
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    I kept getting this dialog trying to load webos-doctor 1.1.0 on Windows XP to wipe my phone. I told it to ignore this new device, and so far everything with the SDK is working and it has never asked to load this driver since.....
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    I kept getting this dialog trying to load webos-doctor 1.1.0 on Windows XP to wipe my phone. I told it to ignore this new device, and so far everything with the SDK is working and it has never asked to load this driver since.....
    Unfortunately, WebOS doctor cant find my phone. The PC sees the device but Quickinstall and webosdoctor doesn't..
    I've been messing with this all day long.. wasted an entire Sunday..
    Any other suggestions??
    try a reboot? That has happened to me a few times and a reboot of the phone and PC helped. I figured all the plugging and unplugging confused the PC or Pre...hope you get it working!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    try a reboot? That has happened to me a few times and a reboot of the phone and PC helped. I figured all the plugging and unplugging confused the PC or Pre...hope you get it working!
    I've been on this ALL DAY.. I've rebooted my phone and PC so many times to no avail. I've reinstalled WEBOSQuick install and WebOSDoctor a number of times and they at least appear to look for a device but can't seem to find it..
    Ironically I have never had an issue the USB Drive or Media Sync. Just the 'Just Charge' option..
    Aaaarghh...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    After beating up my USB port and reinstalling the Novacom utility a few times I was finally able to connect and grab FileCoaster..

Thank you all for your assistance..
    This worked for me on Windows 7 with WebOS Quick Install v2.96. Thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post