1.    #1  
    My Pre is one of the many that spontaneously cracked and I need to get my pics off of it. As much as I try, I can't get the touchscreen to respond enough to get the Pre into USB mode. Is there any way to get the Pre into USB mode on a Mac or PC by using the touchpad or through the command prompt (I have SDK installed on the PC, but I am stupid when it comes to commands).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    I had this exact same problem. When I called I talked to tech support and asked them directly. The tech even asked his superior if he knew... I was obviously NOT happy at that point. The answer, "sorry, it looks like at this point there is no way to select USB Mode without being able to use the touch screen."

Officially f'd

Killing me on this one Palm.
    Root it, install an sftp server, retrieve pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, I can't root without the touchscreen, unless there is some way to enable developer mode with the keyboard. As far as I know, it needs to be activated via the touchscreen. Right?
    Well aint that a *****. I'm not sure then.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]