1.    #1  
    Trying to use home brew apps, downloaded the notification apps, but cant open the ipk file. Where do I get something to open this type of file, so I can be on my way to downloading home brews for my palm pre.........Thanks
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Use filecoaster. It will dl and install right on the phone.
    I dont know what i am doing wrong but i cant get filecoaster to download properly i have used webos quick install and i keep getting a message saying error divice not found so anyone who can help please reply thanks
    your pre has to be plugged in and in just charge mode. If your on a laptop, and the pre is plugged in and the computer goes to sleep, then it is awoken, you have to unplug and replug the pre to get it to work.
    can someone send me a link where i can see all the ipk files and download them
    Quote Originally Posted by nunae76 View Post
    If you're talking about the ipk's related to the homebrews, use the search button. Search is your friend.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    i tried to do the file download on the pre, it did not work. My computer also can not find the .ipk file reader... any tips? i have "googled" .ipk and not finding anything that helps.
    1. Download webos quick install. 2. Plug in your Pre. 3.download the .ipks you want to install 4. Do not unplug your pre. 5. Drag/drop into quick install. 6. Install button.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    I downloaded the Web OS from here & I had to use Bitzipper to extract it, how do I put it on my Pre, only had the thing like 2 weeks & ipk file ok, I've tried the whole search thing from my phone...not getting very far here. lol Also tried dling filecoaster from my Pre & it tells me the following: Cannot find an application which can open this file. I thought we could dl it from the Pre itself?? HELP Please. TY
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    There are 2 things happening.

(1) Seeing the .ipk source - you can view the .ipk source with a zip program, but you should stay away from zip if you are installing it ... the Homebrews go on the phone as a .ipk.

(2) Installing - go to the homebrew section from the menu above (http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps) There is a whole process for installing
    * must have the palm sdk software
    * must be in the development mode on the phone
    * must be connected on USB (Charge only)

*** if none of this is familiar to you, then you have much work to do before installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black3ggt88 View Post
    I downloaded the Web OS from here & I had to use Bitzipper to extract it, how do I put it on my Pre, only had the thing like 2 weeks & ipk file ok, I've tried the whole search thing from my phone...not getting very far here. lol Also tried dling filecoaster from my Pre & it tells me the following: Cannot find an application which can open this file. I thought we could dl it from the Pre itself?? HELP Please. TY
    If you are talking about WebOs Quick Install, do NOT try to extract it, it is an executeable file, just double click to run it ON your PC.

It will allow you to connect your PRE to your computer and download apps, do Tweaks, and some other tools.

You dont put it on your PRE you use it on your computer to get stuff ON to your pre

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by nunae76 View Post
    Install Preware (search on the forum or the webos-internals wiki to find it) and you will see them all.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    you need to have developer mode enabled.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Same Problem Im Having....U Ever Get Help
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    do you have developer mode enabled

just start typing this on your phones main screen "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" do that without the quotations and it will show you a app and enable developer mode then QI should recognize you phone