1.    #1  
    I just successfully tested A-VNC using the Pre emulator. I hope to test with my actual Pre and my home PC later today:

a-vnc - Project Hosting on Google Code

Anyone else care to try it out to see the performance over EVDO or WiFi? I tested tapping, but not keyboard.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Oh man, only problem i seen with the keyboard was that the PRE doesn't recognize that your in a text field so the first letter you type goes through vnc but as you keep typing the universal bar in the broswer takes over.. If you could turn that off this would be good money.. Nice Find. Will help when i just need to retrieve some stuff off the home pc
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Also double clicking doesnt work obvious but the enter on the phone gets me into my folders
  4.    #4  
    Yeah i finally tried this out with my actual Pre and home PC. I see the keyboard problem. The Pre browser would have to always think its in a text field. I wish I knew enough about how to modify the page on the server to do this. I humbly enlist the community

In the meantime, I've used the on-screen keyboard in "Ease of Access" (accessibility).
    Last edited by dangerusty; 08/05/2009 at 09:51 PM.
    Just tried this yesterday, unable to connect. I'm new to A-VNC is there a special way to connect from the client?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by EndersChosen View Post
    Just tried this yesterday, unable to connect. I'm new to A-VNC is there a special way to connect from the client?
    Make sure to forward port 5900 through your firewall.