1.    #1  
    I really like to avoid plugging the Pre into the USB port of the computer to avoid wear and tear on the port.

I have "rooted" my Pre and installed several patches but not familiar with Linux.

What are the commands to copy all jpg files from Downloads to the Wallpapers?

Thanks
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    i do not know the paths on the system, but

the command to copy is "cp"
    cp /path/to/downloads/*.jpg /path/to/wallpapers/

the move command is "mv"
    mv /path/to/downloads/*.jpg /path/to/wallpapers/
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    i do not know the paths on the system, but

the command to copy is "cp"
    cp /path/to/downloads/*.jpg /path/to/wallpapers/

the move command is "mv"
    mv /path/to/downloads/*.jpg /path/to/wallpapers/

OK thanks this will help. Just have to figure out the paths.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    If you're trying to run it from the pre:

cp /media/internal/downloads/*.jpg /media/internal/wallpapers
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas06 View Post
    If you're trying to run it from the pre:
    That did it but I should have said move instead copy. I tried the move command mv but it seems that the Pre moves the file but leaves some link showing that the JPG is still in the download directory. You then can not delete the file. Weird.

CP works as I can delete the file still in the download directory after I copy the file. Saves me from needing to plug in the PRE's USB port.

Thanks!!