Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I was just listening to some mp3's with blue tooth headphones, and all of a sudden the sound just stops. I look at the phone and it was rebooting on its own. After the reboot I notice my wallpaper was gone, and looking further find that I have no more music, photos and all the ring tones are gone! I have all my contacts etc. Anyone know what just happened?

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Wow, definite bummer. It's unlikely that you inadvertently initiated a hard reset, so it must have been a wild glitch...

Is this a case where the backup might help???
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Upon further investigation I checked device info and it says I have .1gb left out of 8. I know I had over 5 left. I then ran a quick test and it gave a code 3 error on the memory. Next call will be customer service.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    you will most likely be instructed to perform a full reset (though I would try the partial first).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I was able to finally hook it up to laptop and it went into usb mode with some difficulty. It came up with message that said " some data was unrecoverable" it did blow away my music and photos. It did restore basic pre wall paper and ringtones. Scary.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    did you go through 'reset options' from device info? I had a situation where the actual phone network components went offline. the only solution for me was to reset the phone (it will reverrt to base 1.1 settings) but I held on to all data files stored. My pre's usb drive was unaffected, perhaps yours may be corrupt?