1.    #1  
    As of yesterday I started having problems with my Messaging App. I had my phone on my lap, volume maxed & everything & somehow missed two messages. I figured it went off & I didn't notice, so just ignored it. Then as I was going to sleep I went to clear out my messages, deleting each one. I remembered I had to text my girlfriend about something, & after I opened a new message & sent it, it brought me to the conversation I just deleted & after I did the back gesture to get to my inbox, the message wasn't there. It said I didn't have any conversations. I just sent another text thismorning & the same thing happened. I tried IM'ing myself to make sure that worked, which it did. I did apply a patch yesterday however it was not to the messaging app. I'm going to try & remove the patch & see if I still have the issue. I just thought it was odd that only one contact is giving my issues.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Just for the hell of it, i started typing the name into my messaging app (to search for it) & the conversation came up, including the one i deleted last night. So it looks like it's still there, but hidden. Does anyone know why this would happen?
    Last edited by Veritas06; 08/03/2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: More Info
    I've no clue why it is doing it, but I just tried it, and mine does the same... Kinda odd that it stays after I've deleted it.
  3.    #3  
    I tried rebooting multiple times & still no change. Also, it's only with this one contact. If i delete other conversations, then search, they are not there.
  4.    #4  
    I just went through each individual message in the conversation & deleted them one-by-one until they were all gone, the conversation didn't appear when i searched for it, but as soon as i sent a test message (to see if the conversation was still hidden) it showed up the same way as before: it won't appear on the main list of conversations (i get the "No Conversations" splash, but if i search i can find it.

[[ Simply put: It's like the DevMode app. It doesn't show in the launcher, but if i search for it, the conversation appears. The most annoying part is, i don't get the notification bubble to stay at the bottom. As soon as the message comes in, that disappears so i have to pretty much leave that conversation open to see if i got any new messages. ]]
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Same thing here. Sprint has told me to reset the phone, which is not an acceptable answer to me.
    Usb in and go to msg folder & delete them.
    I believe this issue was reported on the Palm forums and was logged into their SW database of issues/bugs.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy View Post
    Same thing here. Sprint has told me to reset the phone, which is not an acceptable answer to me.
    Yeah, i'm not reseting the phone because of a software glitch hiding a message :\

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I believe this issue was reported on the Palm forums and was logged into their SW database of issues/bugs.
    Thanks for the info
    i have this problem too and its really annoying. i wish palm would fix this soon
    I had the same problem last month. I actually had to do a partial reset to get the message app to work the right way. Hope that helps everyone.
  11.    #11  
    I thought I already posted it here, but maybe it was in a different thread:

I got the hidden message to start working again by unlinking the user's entries. Someone else got it working by deleting the contact & re-adding them.

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    same problem, retarded. fix this palm. and fwding messages@@@!!!!
  13.    #13  
    Did you try the fixes people posted? Unlink & relink the contact, or unlink, delete, recreate, & relink
    Seriously this is our best fix? Surely we can do better, like a patch or something.
    i deleted the contacts that wouldnt show sent them a text then once i got a reply and it showed in the messaging app...i re-added the contact and linked any other necessary profiles....worked for me
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!