Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. dlbevo's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am looking for assistance with the problem explained below:

    Since the second available update (I have the 1.1 update now) my Pre does not allow me to access Wifi. I have tried a total of 14+ different network/routers and the same problem occurs. Again, I input the correct "user-name" and the correct "password" and the Pre appears to begin to connect and suddenly it stops with the response of "Association Failed". I have tried WPA, WEP, Open, and Enterprise. I have not altered the configuration of my phone by using the Dev-Mod or Rooting.

    Am I a solo duck with this problem? Any possible solutions in lieu of returning the phone to the store and having to deal with a replacement device?

    I appreciate any attempt to advise me!
  2. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #2  
    hmm, that's weird. Would a WebOSDoctor visit help fix the problem if its a corrupted file?
  3. dlbevo's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
       #3  
    Took it to sprint and they are replacing the unit. The wifi in the device is inoperative. Thank you though.
  4. #4  
    I am having a version of that problem since I updated to 1.3.1
    I can connect to my wifi at work but not at home. I was able to moments before the update. Same with my wife's Pre. I haven't updated my daughter's yet and it can still connect to router so it is acting as my control in this experiment.

    BTW: I don't have any patches or MyTether installed. These are clean units.
    IIIxe > Tungsten T > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre
  5. kasi1222's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by majahack View Post
    I am having a version of that problem since I updated to 1.3.1
    I can connect to my wifi at work but not at home. I was able to moments before the update. Same with my wife's Pre. I haven't updated my daughter's yet and it can still connect to router so it is acting as my control in this experiment.

    BTW: I don't have any patches or MyTether installed. These are clean units.
    I am also having this problem since updating to 1.3.1. Only network I have tested it on so far is my home network, but nothing has changed other than the WebOS update.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
  6. #6  
    Solved my problem!!!
    I reset my router and I was able to reconnect. So, I started restoring my router settings one at a time to see where it breaks. As soon as I changed my SSID Name from the default Linksys to =MF=, i was unable to connect. I went ahead and then changed the SSID Name to MF and I was able to connect. I set the router back up with WPA and I was still able to connect.

    Long story short: My Pre, since 1.3.1, was unable to connect to my router because I had non-alpha characters (=) in the SSID Name. Once I removed them, all was well.
    IIIxe > Tungsten T > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions