1.    #1  
    I tried searching but so far ran into no luck, how many of you guys are able to hang up the phone after talking with someone, without the use of bluetooth? I can hang up via bluetooth, but when I was talking with the wife, we were both unable to recover the password screen to prompt us back into the system. The pre goes into this blank screen when on a call. Anyone else have this issue?
    It sounds like you are saying that you are talking on the phone, with it up against your ear...ie, no headset. If that is the case, the screen goes blank(turns off) because of the proximity sensor, but should come back on when pulled away from your face. I have never had an issue with it not doing so. Make sure that your hands are clear of the gesture area...if that is not the issue, you may need to take your phones into Sprint for replacement.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    hmm when i'm on a pre, i sometimes try to activate something on the screen(to flick up a card or something) and the screen goes black everytime I click anything on the screen
    Do you have that suupid piece of plastic on the front of the Pre? The one that was on it when you open the box?

The reason I ask is alot of Sprint Reps will trim the tab off of this and leave it on the phone to provide you with some sort of screen protection until you get something to replace it. The problem is if a bubble of air getts under that thing right by the light sensor (Just to the right of the ear piece). It causes the phone to get confused and will not let you back into your dialer or the phone. Just pull that peice of crap plastice off and this problem should go away.

Hope that helps.
  5.    #5  
    Lets try this again

Nothing in the way of the gesture area, it is not the plastic for I did not have this issue for the past firmwares. When talking for a short 5 mins, I will get the options everyone sees with all the prompts to hang up, gestures working, proximity sensors working, etc. but if you are talking for a good while, 20+ mins, the phone will go into some sort of lock, frozen mode and the only thing that will be displayed is the Sky/Clouds without the prompt for entering the 4 digit password (which I have activated). This would not allow me to do anything unless the person on the other line hangs up. As soon as the person hangs up, the prompt for entering the Password is displayed.

To duplicate my scenario,(on version 1.1 only) place a Call to your pre while it is locked, answer the call, and then press the lock button on the bottom right and then hit cancel and then press lock again. This will be the result of the screen.

Last edited by PaSt; 07/31/2009 at 09:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    So while you're on a long call, one that exceeds the "lock" time interval, it's locked as you have it set to do?

It seems strange that it will go into sleep/lock while on a call, but that's what it sounds like. Can you not enter the unlock code?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTex View Post
    So while you're on a long call, one that exceeds the "lock" time interval, it's locked as you have it set to do?

It seems strange that it will go into sleep/lock while on a call, but that's what it sounds like. Can you not enter the unlock code?
    nope, that screen shot present is what contains the unlock screen to be able to unlock, entering the code, try my scenario to see if it happens to you and you can see exactly what I am talking about.