1.    #1  
    I could SWEAR that I saw a post earlier today where someone said that this vulnerability is not present in WebOS, but, of course, now I can't find the post (yes, I thought it was here). Anyway, it struck me as strange, since WebOS was put together by some of the same folks who put together the iPhone's SMS tools.

Does anyone know? For sure?
  2.    #2  
    I couldn't post the link to the original article until I did the above post, which was my 10th :-)

iPhone vulnerable to hacker attacks: researchers | Technology | Reuters
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaus View Post
    I could SWEAR that I saw a post earlier today where someone said that this vulnerability is not present in WebOS, but, of course, now I can't find the post (yes, I thought it was here). Anyway, it struck me as strange, since WebOS was put together by some of the same folks who put together the iPhone's SMS tools.

Does anyone know? For sure?
    The hackers that created this exploit claim they could port to WebOS, but haven't done so. But I guess the exploit could be used on the Palm Pre too.

"http: //deals . venturebeat . com/2009/07/30/oh-great-hackers-can-take-over-your-iphone-with-a-text-message/"
    “We could probably port this to a Palm Pre in an hour,” Miller said.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, TK

OK, Palm, where's the patch?
    As far as I can tell from searching, this vulnerability has not been demonstrated on CDMA or on the Palm Pre. Just because they could port this to run against the Palm Pre in an hour does not necessarily mean the vulnerability exists.