1.    #1  
    Methods aside (to root or not to root)

Is it possible to put custom sounds in for default phone functions that don't have sounds?

e.g. power on, card view ready after boot, power down, etc.
    It should be, all you would have to do is add some code.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    I would like that
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    Methods aside (to root or not to root)

Is it possible to put custom sounds in for default phone functions that don't have sounds?

e.g. power on, card view ready after boot, power down, etc.
    Yes you should be able to do it, and Yes it will require rooting and editing stock applications
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    I'd like a sound to play when I slide the keyboard open.

On my old Kyocera 7135 (which I still think was the best smartphone phone ever made, for its day), I had it play the Star Trek TOS communicator sound when I would flip it open. The screen was heavy enough, I was even able to flick it, Kirk-style, and it would snap open. It was fun.

I really missed that when I moved to my Treo (no flip). My inner Trekkie geek was so dissatisfied. Now the Pre has potential for some satisfaction in this department. Its slide obviously isn't a flip, so it's not a total match, but it's close enough. It would be fun to resurrect the Trekkie thing with it.

Any coders in the crowd up to the task?