1.    #1  
    Update 1.1 brought animated menus on the Pre.

Animated menus is something every OS I've used in the past has introduced at some point. It gets old very quickly and I've always disabled them.

Now the powers that be at Palm decided we need them on our phone. The Pre is not an iPhone though, and those animations are done in JavaScript and off any hardware acceleration. With a few cards running those animations really bog down the device.

Why is Palm doing this? We need every bit of performance from the device.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Yeah, they don't seem as smooth as I'd like, hopefully the Pre starts using 3d hardware acceleration to speed things up in the future.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    seriously burn them.... burn the animated menus.
    I think the phone would be snappier without them. At least give me an option to turn them off. I'm the guy that ran XP with "maximum performance".
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I know that this came with the latest update, but where exactly is this feature? Does it do something new? I have checked my menus in every app on this phone and don't notice anything different. Am I missing something here?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2701 View Post
    I know that this came with the latest update, but where exactly is this feature? Does it do something new? I have checked my menus in every app on this phone and don't notice anything different. Am I missing something here?
    Same here. I haven't noticed anything different. What is animated now with the update that wasn't there before?
    Quote Originally Posted by louie2701 View Post
    When menus open, they animate up. Before they either faded or just appeared, don't remember.