Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys... I want to find out if I am the only one. After installing the webOS 1.1 update, which everyone now knows is forced, my phone works horribly. When I AM able to make a call, the screen flickers real bad after making a call. When I have the Wi-Fi enabled... it doesn't want to make or receive calls at all. I have to disable Wi-Fi just to get about a 25% success rate of making calls. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS???

Anyone else having these problems?
    ... nope.

Palm's support group would love to hear from you if this is in any way related to 1.1.0. My guess is that it's not, but I will not judge you.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I am having issues with my speaker sounding blown since the update. That can be related to background tasks sucking up resources and starving the audio thread.

I think something is wrong with the audio system now. Which explains why the new notification "ding" sound exactly the same, except muffled and distorted.
    definately call support, you have uncharacteristic behavior...

If anything, my phone works better after 1.1
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Yep, phone works better after update. No problems here, but I've not had any since I got the thing...on launch day.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    i had the flashing incident after 1.1 during one call but havent noticed anything anymore, my battery sucked like the 2 days after the update but today i noticed it hold on to the power quite well i dont know if the updates come with "side effects"
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesforsalvador View Post
    definately call support, you have uncharacteristic behavior...

If anything, my phone works better after 1.1
    I called Sprint Tech Support, which is where Palm.com directs you to to call, and they told me, they don't have access to the phone, and that I have had the phone 32 days, which is 2 days pass the "30 Day" exchange rule. So basically, I can't exchange it, I have to take it into a repair center, which there isn't one within 150 miles of me according to tech support.

This sucks. My phone worked fine before the 1.1 update. What gives??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrspidey View Post
    I called Sprint Tech Support, which is where Palm.com directs you to to call, and they told me, they don't have access to the phone, and that I have had the phone 32 days, which is 2 days pass the "30 Day" exchange rule. So basically, I can't exchange it, I have to take it into a repair center, which there isn't one within 150 miles of me according to tech support.

This sucks. My phone worked fine before the 1.1 update. What gives??!!

Call PalmCare

Article ID: 49001

Talk to a trained Palm agent and solve your issue over the phone.
    Phone support fee:
    • $14.95 for Current and Mature products. Fee is waived if you're within 90 days of purchase, or if your issue results in a repair order being created.
    • $24.95 for Legacy products.
    Smartphone support line (for Palm Pre, Treo, Centro)

U.S. Support (English):

Phone: 877-426-3777
    Hours: 6am-8pm PST Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm PST Sat-Sun
    Canada support (English & Français):

Phone: 866-219-7445
    Hours: During Daylight Saving Time, 6am-5pm Pacific Mon-Fri
    During Standard Time, 5am-4pm PST Mon-Fri
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/28/2009 at 12:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    my screen turns off after making a call, but it doesn't really bother me. If the phone exploded, then that would bother me.
  10.    #10  
    OK... got a hold of my sales rep from the local Sprint store. He had me check my settings... I had the network set to "Automatic". Apparently this was the issue... as soon as I set it to "Home", it cleared up the issues I was having. As I stated, it was on Automatic before the 1.1 update, but for some reason, isn't working after the update.

Also, my rep is ordering me a new phone anyways because I have the "heat" issue with the phone. Anytime I charge my phone, it gets hot as hell... like its on fire. So, he is ordering me a new one and hopes that will fix it.

So, forget Sprint tech support... call your local store, they seem to be more knowledgeable.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I was experiencing the crazy loud audio issues as well. I've found that hooking up the headphones and unplugging them when more than one sound-using app is open is bad news.

For example, I was driving home with my Pandora running through my car's speakers and my fiancée called me. She was coming through my speakers in the car, but she was complaining about an echo so I unplugged the phone. After that no sounds really worked well and were super distorted.

I've found that opening two more audio-using apps and reliving the plug and unplug action sets everything normal again.

I'm sure this is confusing as hell, but hope it helps.

Xan
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebinary View Post
    I am having issues with my speaker sounding blown since the update. That can be related to background tasks sucking up resources and starving the audio thread.

I think something is wrong with the audio system now. Which explains why the new notification "ding" sound exactly the same, except muffled and distorted.
    I am having similar issues. When I flick an app away and have my phone on vibrate it seams to make a quick millisecond speaker crackle, like it wants to play audio and starts to then remembers it is in vibrate mode so it stops.
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebinary View Post

Turns out that I'm 90% sure my speaker really is blown, so its probably not related to 1.1. My phone now has almost no volume, and its all distortion. And it sounds fine in headphones.

Bummer.

Eric
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I've noticed that the text ring now becomes distorted at loud settings; the speaker clearly cannot handle that level of intensity at whatever pitch/range that is. Pretty sheety.
    My wife and I who have the Pre for a few weeks were ticked with all the issues after the 1.1 update, slowness of apps loading, delay in notification sound to when it appeared on the screen, poor scrolling, delay in between taking pics. Just got off with tech support and we did a partial erase from the device info app on the last page of the launcher, which erased all your passwords but doesn't remove your accounts and pictures and everything is awesome now, running quick and responsive. mind you we don't have any fancy homebrews or developer mode stuff.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    This was posted somewhere else. If you think you're having speaker problems to the following

Open Device Info
    Scroll all the way down and select More Info
    Open Preferences in the top left and select interactive tests
    There is an option to check Audio among other things

Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    697 Global Posts
    No problems here. It seems like a lot of this stuff would just have to be operator error and RTFM stuff. I am just not convinced all the stuff I am reading is some SW or Palm problem that only happens to one person... I mean this IS a rather complex device and it is being used by many people who think an app that calculates tips for restaurant bills is *AWESOME* ... If ya' can't do tips in your head you probably don't need something that is more complicated than Bones' Tricorder in your pocket.

That said, I will agree with the general notion that the speaker is pretty crappy even when not blown...but that is the first thing I noticed when I got the phone...and my ONLY complaint...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cybrspidey View Post
    Hey guys... I want to find out if I am the only one. After installing the webOS 1.1 update, which everyone now knows is forced, my phone works horribly. When I AM able to make a call, the screen flickers real bad after making a call. When I have the Wi-Fi enabled... it doesn't want to make or receive calls at all. I have to disable Wi-Fi just to get about a 25% success rate of making calls. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS???

Anyone else having these problems?
    I've noticed that mine is really laggy...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I noticed that one of my programs SplashID no longer works. It goes to open and the screen blanks white twice and then just stays white. Its the only app that was affected but none of the Homebrew stuff was affected. Even after deleting and reinstalling mulitple times it still does the same thing. All of the other downloaded apps and homebrew are working perfectly fine. I put in a ticket with SplashID and am waiting now for a response.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I think they have definately messed up the gain structure on the audio part of the phone for 1.1. It makes things sound pretty bad through the speaker. My feeling is this may have contributed to my blown-speaker result (pumping loud distortion through amps and speakers will fry them).

I've spent two days trying to convince them (Sprint Store, Best Buy, Sprint Customer Service and Palm Customer Service) to replace my phone for one that I can hear the ringer on... Finally got approved, but they want $30 + a $400 deposit to ship me a phone in advance. I don't mind the deposit, but a $30 swap charge is ridiculous on a $600 phone after 45 days.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast