Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Now I am worried.. my Pre was just sitting there and when I looked over it was in loading mode when you turn it on. It randomly rebooted itself!

Does anyone know what is going on?! Why it did that?

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by andyckr View Post
    Now I am worried.. my Pre was just sitting there and when I looked over it was in loading mode when you turn it on. It randomly rebooted itself!

Does anyone know what is going on?! Why it did that?

Has this happened to anyone else?
    That is the issue with my current Pre. It did it the same day I received the phone. It has done it other times while being in my pocket as well. I press the power on to use the phone and I notice that the phone has been off. I explained the issue to a repair center and they kept me in there 30 minutes trying to see if the phone would do it again. ( It would be hard to duplicate a problem that happens at random times throughout the day). Anyways, a hard full reset solved my issue. It seemed to be a software issue on my end. Through it all, I made my keyboard not work (since I knew it had this problem, and 2 red stuck pixels, along with 1 bright one that I can clearly notice) so I could get a new one ordered for me at the store, and they did so.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I get them every other day...
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thechosenfew88 View Post
    That is the issue with my current Pre. It did it the same day I received the phone. It has done it other times while being in my pocket as well. I press the power on to use the phone and I notice that the phone has been off. I explained the issue to a repair center and they kept me in there 30 minutes trying to see if the phone would do it again. ( It would be hard to duplicate a problem that happens at random times throughout the day). Anyways, a hard full reset solved my issue. It seemed to be a software issue on my end. Through it all, I made my keyboard not work (since I knew it had this problem, and 2 red stuck pixels, along with 1 bright one that I can clearly notice) so I could get a new one ordered for me at the store, and they did so.
    Well honestly, this would be the second hard full reset I'd do to it cause I've done it once and for the same issue. Actually the rep that sold it to me at best buy did it for me for the same reason and now its doing it again (the rebooting itself).

Any other ideas?
    Well honestly, this would be the second hard full reset I'd do to it cause I've done it once and for the same issue. Actually the rep that sold it to me at best buy did it for me for the same reason and now its doing it again (the rebooting itself).

Any other ideas?
    I don't know if the reps at a Sprint repair center near your area will give you a hard time as they gave me, but you can try going there and explain to them your issue. They may tell you that they need to try and duplicate the problem in order to give you an exchange, or they may just take it, see if they can fix it, and just order you an exchange. You can try calling Sprint and see if they can send you a replacement phone...
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I don't know if the reps at a Sprint repair center near your area will give you a hard time as they gave me, but you can try going there and explain to them your issue. They may tell you that they need to try and duplicate the problem in order to give you an exchange, or they may just take it, see if they can fix it, and just order you an exchange. You can try calling Sprint and see if they can send you a replacement phone...
    Thats a good idea! I mean dont get me wrong.. I've thought about it just that I drive but dont have a car so its not easy for me to get around. There is NO public transportation here and the nearest sprint store is 30 mins away from where I live.

So in a way.. I am kinda screwed but I will definetely take it into consideration and call them tomorrow and see if I have any luck!

Thanks and wish me luck!! Hehehe.
    wow i just noticed this today. My phone reset on its own.

Curious to see if other users are experiencing this. I am on 1.1 WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    wow i just noticed this today. My phone reset on its own.

Curious to see if other users are experiencing this. I am on 1.1 WebOS
    Does it power off by itself and you then have to power it back on manually?

So in a way.. I am kinda screwed but I will definetely take it into consideration and call them tomorrow and see if I have any luck!

Thanks and wish me luck!! Hehehe.
    Is this your first time asking for a replacement? If so, first time should go fine and dandy, even if you've passed your 30 days. At least for me it was. I'll wish you luck though. ;-)....
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Is this your first time asking for a replacement? If so, first time should go fine and dandy, even if you've passed your 30 days. At least for me it was. I'll wish you luck though. ;-)....
    yes, this would be my first time requesting a replacement. I have tried to be patient cause besides the rebooting itself and a small "oreo" movement it has... its been PERFECT for me compared to other comaplaints people have so I have been afraid to request a replacement honestly.

Thanks for the luck!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    yes, this would be my first time requesting a replacement. I have tried to be patient cause besides the rebooting itself and a small "oreo" movement it has... its been PERFECT for me compared to other comaplaints people have so I have been afraid to request a replacement honestly.

Thanks for the luck!
    Same here, first phone but if it does get worst I will go replace it.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    Same here, first phone but if it does get worst I will go replace it.
    well I wouldnt want them giving me S*** for going back for ANOTHER replacement ya know? I just get tired of dealing with reps of any kind. PERIOD! So thats what I am also trying to avoid.
    Does it power off by itself and you then have to power it back on manually?
    no i did not have to do anything. It just reset on its own. GOt back on its own.