1.    #1  
    I can take a video when I get home from work...

Everytime I make a phone call, my screen shuts off. The call is still going but I can't activate the screen. I can't even do that thing where you hold down the power button and flick the ringer switch. I need to take the battery out and put it back in to reset it. Anyone else has this happening?

This happened immediately after installing webOS 1.1
  2.    #2  
    also, after the call is disconnected, the screen comes back on after about 20 seconds or so.
    I'll offer up a similar issue but it was a one time occurence issue and was pre 1.1.0. I pulled my Pre off the Touchstone to answer a call and might have hit the power switch as I picked it up. In any case the screen came on for just a flash and then turned off but the call was active. After I finished the phone call the screen would not come back on no mateer what I did. Like you I pulled the battery and after starting back up all was well and I have not had it happen again.

Anyway just an example of this happening pre 1.1.0 and certainly not as regularly as you describe.
    CTSLICK
    Rock ON!
  4.    #4  
    its happening everytime with me... i've restarted like 10 times already.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This happened to me 3 days after I purchased the phone....I had a thread earlier about it. Everytime I make a call or answer a call the screen dies and everything locks up....took my phone back to Sprint, they gave me a new phone and insisted they had never seen that problem before......go figure!

This all happened on 1.04
  6.    #6  
    on my way to the sprint store for my third exchange
  7.    #7  
    exchanged... sprint store said they've never seen that before
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Had a similar issue with this on day one. The stock screen cover was screwing with the proximity sensor which is triggered only when your on a call. Taking off the plastic cover solved the issue for me.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yes, dumb plastic cover had me confused as well. Just take it off and your problems should go away. I put on another screen cover as well, and sometime down the road as that one gets old I have a feeling the same problem will happen again and I will have to put a new screen protector on.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    same issue here. It only happened after the update, had read to pull the screen off, and alls been well!
    No phone exchange needed. It apparently has to do with the proximity sensor being blunted by screen covers. Replacing the screen protector will make no difference...the simple fact is that a screen protector is present no matter what.
    Mine has always done this. But whenever I move the phone away from my cheek it comes right back (as if it was the flick of my wrist refreshing it). It works so fluently that I thought it was a design feature! I assumed it was dimming so my cheek or whatever would bump an on-screen button.
    Me too! A lot of things seem to have screwed up after the 1.1 update.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    Mine has always done this. But whenever I move the phone away from my cheek it comes right back (as if it was the flick of my wrist refreshing it). It works so fluently that I thought it was a design feature! I assumed it was dimming so my cheek or whatever would bump an on-screen button.
    It is a design feature. There is a proximity sensor in the upper-right corner of the front: to the right of the ear speaker. When an object is held near it (like your ear) while on a phone call, the screen and touch screen is shut down so you don't push buttons with your cheek. Unfortunately some screen protectors and covers or cases can activate the proximity sensor, making the pre shut off the screen during all calls.