1.    #1  
    After installing to WEB OS 1.1, Vista (32-bit) is now asking for a novacom Linux driver which it can't find. If i choose ignore in vista and continue using the pre it works just find on "usb mode" and "just charge" and doesn't bug me for it again. When i choose the "media Sync" option then it again bugs me for the novacom Linux driver which vista doesn't have now. Media sync still works just find from what I can tell though. The only thing that I can think of that might be a problem is I have the "My Tether" homebrew app on my pre which is still working just find after the update though. (this is a complete guess and the "my tether" app might have nothing to do with it) I didn't have this problem before the update. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    After installing to WEB OS 1.1, Vista (32-bit) is now asking for a novacom Linux driver which it can't find. If i choose ignore in vista and continue using the pre it works just find on "usb mode" and "just charge" and doesn't bug me for it again. When i choose the "media Sync" option then it again bugs me for the novacom Linux driver which vista doesn't have now. Media sync still works just find from what I can tell though. The only thing that I can think of that might be a problem is I have the "My Tether" homebrew app on my pre which is still working just find after the update though. (this is a complete guess and the "my tether" app might have nothing to do with it) I didn't have this problem before the update. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks so much...
    You need to install the official Palm SDK. Go to developer.palm.com

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #3  
    Thats the weird thing it is installed. If i try to point vista to the driver manually it says it can't find the driver. I'll try reinstalling the SDK tonight and see how that goes.
  4.    #4  
    Thats the weird thing it is installed. If i try to point vista to the driver manually it it says it can't find the driver. I'll try reinstalling the SDK tonight and see how that goes.
  5.    #5  
    OK the problem was having USBnet turned on which is the option in "My Tether" that allows you to share the Internet connection trough USB rather than just trough the WiFi modem. YOU can turn USBnet off in the "My Tether options and vista no longer ask for the novacom Linux driver.
  6.    #6  
    I also figured out how to install the driver if you don't feel like turning off USBnet. Just install WebOS Doctor BE sure not to actually restore you Plam Pre just install the software.
    I am still having trouble with this and I have just downloaded the official Palm SDK