1.    #1  
    I know there is a my notification homebrew app that you can change your notification sounds but in the future will it be easy for palm to make additions to the notification sounds...such as different noises for different events like email, text messages, calendar, tasks, etc...this is one thing i realllly want to see soon...and to be able to upload your own sounds

its just annoying cause my old pos phone could do this, let me know
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    No, its impossible. You should go back to your Razr if this is important to you.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    oh chompers. dont be that way. why do u act like ur too good to answer question and instead make jj feel unwelcome? are there not things that are important to you? what makes you think he had a razor? he could have had any other palm phone because they all can do this simple action. its not impossible either there is a homebrew app, so jj not the only one that wants this. you are the only person that wants one sound for everything you do.
    It is not confirmed by Palm yet if they will add this feature but it is speculated that they will add it at some point.

To be honest the the "My Notification" app is great and is VERY easy to install.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoods View Post
    I know there is a my notification homebrew app that you can change your notification sounds but in the future will it be easy for palm to make additions to the notification sounds...such as different noises for different events like email, text messages, calendar, tasks, etc...this is one thing i realllly want to see soon...and to be able to upload your own sounds

I haven't looked at 1.1 code yet, i know that it updated to the Sounds and Alerts program, but in the previous versions there was some code left in the Sounds and Alerts App to do sounds for various events including uiNotifications, uiSoundsWhenCharging. The Email app also looks like it has partial code to allow for different sounds for each email account. But this is just small snippets and would take quite a lot of work to rewrite the missing parts.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    I hear you on this, now that there are 2 pres in my house and they are both sitting on the desk charging, no way to differentiate when an alert is received. Unless of course I root one or both of them.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I hear you on this, now that there are 2 pres in my house and they are both sitting on the desk charging, no way to differentiate when an alert is received. Unless of course I root one or both of them.
    I've heard that the "My Notification" App works well for changing the notification sounds and does not require you to access the linux system to use. Just install the file as described in one of the many posts on this site.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwoods View Post

Oh and all of these things you listed (email, text, calendar, tasks, etc) are defined as seperate entries right now, but the mojo framework points all of them to the same stored preference.

In My Notificaftion, Notification Sounds are for Email, Text, Charging and the Alert sound is for Calendar Events. I'm not sure about tasks as I don't use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    In My Notificaftion, Notification Sounds are for Email, Text, Charging and the Alert sound is for Calendar Events. I'm not sure about tasks as I don't use them.
    That is very good to know. I am trying to use the SMS notifications to monitor some servers that SMS me when they have issues so I am hoping that the SMS sounds will be settable on its own sometime.

Found out the hard way that the notification sound was used for more than one thing. Managed to shut it off for most things but could not find a way to turn it off for charging.