Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Some one maybe have to change the Pre's MEID & ESN.

    You maybe can not login to your Palm Profile when Meid been set to '0'.
    Ok, You can try to modify #/etc/event.d/ LunaSysMgr to Skip all firstuse check.

    Apply the Following diff's to the file:

    Code:
    start on started java-serviceboot
    
    # Stop when the Software Update tool is about to install an update.  The tool
    # uses upstart to restart jobs when the installation is complete.
    stop on started start_update
    
    respawn
    
    pre-start script
    	echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory
    	mkdir -p /var/luna/preferences
    	if [ ! -f /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use ]
    	then
    		echo " -u minimal -a com.palm.app.firstuse" > /var/luna/preferences/sysmgr-args
    	else
    		echo "" > /var/luna/preferences/sysmgr-args
    	fi	
    end script

    Code:
    start on started java-serviceboot
    
    # Stop when the Software Update tool is about to install an update.  The tool
    # uses upstart to restart jobs when the installation is complete.
    stop on started start_update
    
    respawn
    
    pre-start script
    	echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory
    	mkdir -p /var/luna/preferences
    #	if [ ! -f /var/luna/preferences/ran-first-use ]
    #	then
    #		echo " -u minimal -a com.palm.app.firstuse" > /var/luna/preferences/sysmgr-args
    #	else
    		echo "" > /var/luna/preferences/sysmgr-args
    #	fi	
    end script
    Then you can rebuild a ROM for your Pre. Just follow the guide " Bypassing Activition" at WIKI step bye step , But forget the other modified. just apply changed on the LunaSysMgr.

    Then, while flash it to your Pre done. The Pre will boot to its Desktop bypass firstuse setings.

    You can remodify the MEID and ESN to make pre work.
  2. #2  
    How exactly do you use this script?
  3. #3  
    I have the webos 1.4.1 ryt now. I need to activate my palm pre but i have no idea where to start this procedure especially how and where to find /etc/event.d/LunaSysMgr and how to edit it. Please can you give me brief steps on how to start this whole process. I'm current running vista,would this procedure work on it? Hp to hear from u soon. thanx in advance.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulvidi View Post
    I have the webos 1.4.1 ryt now. I need to activate my palm pre but i have no idea where to start this procedure especially how and where to find /etc/event.d/LunaSysMgr and how to edit it. Please can you give me brief steps on how to start this whole process. I'm current running vista,would this procedure work on it? Hp to hear from u soon. thanx in advance.
    Developing on an Unactivated Device - Palm Developer Center

    Scroll down to the bottom and download the .jar tool. Use that if you want to work with an unactivated device. There will be no data/phone signal except for wifi. App catalog will be nonfunctional too.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. #5  
    this may be a dumb question, but can someone walk me through? I already did the webOS doctor, but I am clueless on how to run/use the .jar tool.
  6. lstrike's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #6  
    When I try to run Palms bypass tool from Windows command line using Windows 7 I get this message:

    Error: Connection Refused: Connect

    Frustration sets in...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by briangtpro View Post
    this may be a dumb question, but can someone walk me through? I already did the webOS doctor, but I am clueless on how to run/use the .jar tool.
    i do not get this either please walk me through this also.
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    When I try to run Palms bypass tool from Windows command line using Windows 7 I get this message:

    Error: Connection Refused: Connect

    Frustration sets in...
    Is your phone in dev mode? And are you starting it in recovery mode? And is it necessary to do it from a command line? Not sure about that third item.

Posting Permissions