Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    email notification no longer display a snipit of the email across the bottom of screen when they arrive.. just displays envelope in corner... I noticed this behavior in the SDK Emulator when it was released. Not sure if I like this or not
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    just noticed this, and it dissapoints me because id like to see who is messaging me to know if its urgent or not.
    believe it or not, but this will save alot of battery life
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    tap the icon
  5.    #5  
    yeah I am kinda liking it... it still shows with txts which is good.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I like the change - I can easily tap the icon to see what it is after all!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Not only it doesn't show the "preview", but it doesn't wake up my phone either. It may save battery life, but I would at least like the options. Palm, please let us customize all this! One size fits all doesn't work with email, especially for business users...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    Not only it doesn't show the "preview", but it doesn't wake up my phone either. It may save battery life, but I would at least like the options. Palm, please let us customize all this! One size fits all doesn't work with email, especially for business users...
    Totally agree. I want options menus for my options menus.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    It does show the preview when the device is locked but goes away after you unlock the screen.
    i500 --> Treo650 --> PPC6700 --> MotoQ --> Instinct --> Treo800w --> HTC Mogul/Palm Prē
    totaly agree with Jaer57- give us options!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i personally like the change. however options are always a good thing so that people can customize it themselves.
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    no wake up is correct...all I get is sound and vibe...but no wake up on screen...
    I use my pre mostly for business ie emails mainly...this will take some getting use to...
    Device: Palm Pre
    EOS: Palm webOS 1.1.0 release date 7/23
    OSK: Linux
    IMS: 8GB
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I second (okay15th) Jaer57's customization call.
    Removing that functionality definitely takes away from the unobtrusiveness (word?) of the notifications.
    A mixed bag for me. The fact that it doesn't wake up the screen is a very good thing. Why it only shows a preview while the handset is locked is beyond my ability to comprehend. If I am already looking at the device it would make sense to show me a preview...
    When my screen is locked, it does 'wake up' and display a preview notification of the an email ... at least two out of three test messages did. As far as when I am on the device doing something. I would like an option to view the preview as well. That is one of the 'cool' features I like[d] about the phone. To have more control over notifications should be inlcuded in 1.1.x
    Gawd. What an idiotic move.

Honestly every time I need to tap that icon I want to throw the Pre under my car and run it over.

Adding a tap? What bull**** is this Palm?

For years Palm was religious about eliminating unnecessary taps.

Stop annoying your users!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I prefer it this way,
    I text often and do things often on the phone and the preview minimizes my screen so there's less to work with >.

But I do agree we should have options for our notifications.
    Meet the new Palm, (NOT the) same as the old Palm.

All those usability engineers that built the P-OS interface and PIMs appear to be long gone. All the ex-Apple engineers who believe in the Steve Jobs philosophy that "we know what's best for you" are in charge.

Customization? That implies that the developers didn't get it perfect.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    If you think about it, the Pre notifications are now even worse than the retarded iPhone!

You get something to tap on if you want to see what the notification is about. At least the iPhone shows you some text.

Notifications are one of main reasons I got the Pre. With that crippled what else is left? Nothing the iPhone can't do.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a.u.c View Post
    no wake up is correct...all I get is sound and vibe...but no wake up on screen...
    I use my pre mostly for business ie emails mainly...this will take some getting use to...
    Really? I used to NOT get woken up (screen turn on) in 1.0.4, and I loved it. Ever since 1.1 my phone now wakes up when a notification happens and I hate it. The sound (and vibrate) are all I need, turning on the screen wastes battery.

Ideally they should make it an option to satisfy both groups of people, but I can't understand why you're experiencing the exact opposite of what I am.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast