Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My battery was at 80% at 4am and went to 66% at 10am just in standby mode, phone on, good signal area. Usually I only get 5-6% battery drain over night.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    (1) Memos - my memo does the same thing. BTW, you can use the orange button maneuver and move to the area you want.

(2) Battery - I listen to my .mp3 for 40 minutes in the morning and use 24% of my battery ... that hasn't changed ... and it needs to badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by srfcrzy View Post
    How long have you waited? I thought mine was stuck, but it turns out it just took a while. Can't say how long it took for sure cuz I left the room to do something else while I was waiting. I'm good to go now.
    You can try going to palm.com/rom

It does a hard reset through your computer. I think the update bricked my phone because once I did that, it never connected back up with Sprint. Did an exchange this morning unfortunately.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I got really bad battery drain overnight, but it seems that it had trouble finding or attaching to a wi-fi signal. Even swithching to Airplane Mode, it would stop trying to connect. Rebooted and the wi-fi service seemed to work fine again. We'll see if the battery is really affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    It works if I open Maps from the launcher, but trying through universal search gives me no controls and only my current location... which kind of defeats the purpose.
    ^^^^
    Same here - where's 1.1.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by havatampa View Post
    Hello everyone, i just updated my phone with the new software and while i was looking for new things i noticed when you put something on universal search and hit on google maps it doesn't pull anything anymore but your location????? i was wondering if you guys having the same problem???
    I updated last night to WebOS 1.1 and just now tested Google Maps using Universal Search and I had no issues at all. Tried looking up a local school and then I tried looking up an "AMC" movie theater... both queries worked and showed me all the results in my screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    The swoosh sound is gone when I close cards. I turned system sounds all the way up and I still don't hear it. Alert tones in general sound muted & sickly.
    My swoosh sound still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zam View Post
    Hey all,

I believe I found a fairly big bug in the upgraded Memos app. When I tap somewhere in a chunk of text I've written, the cursor no longer jumps to that spot -- or, indeed, anywhere. Anyone else having this problem?
    Yes, confirmed. If you press the orange key you can get the cursor back once you start moving your finger around the screen. Also, while testing for this bug I was able to highlight text by double tapping a word; this is kind of cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Help in the Browser no longer works, I get a Not Found error instead....
    Works for me... maybe try again. Might be network issue?
    Did anyone else notice that NFL live installed with 1.1?
    Good:
    Someone texted me a phone number and i was able to click on the number and be taken to the phone dial screen with the number put in. This wasn't available before.

Bad:
    When I clicked dial, my phone shut off. Happened twice already
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidon2k View Post
    Good:
    Someone texted me a phone number and i was able to click on the number and be taken to the phone dial screen with the number put in. This wasn't available before.

This worked for me before
    thats so weird... i couldnt do it yesterday so i had to type in the number manually... but after the update, it showed up as a link

it turns out my screen shuts off after any phone call... not just when i click from a message
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louboy23 View Post
    I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Immediately after upgrade, my battery started draining at warp speeds. I have had the phone since launch date and no problems with battery. Here are the times:

Before upgrade: 100% -> 98% after 3 hrs or light use(not standby).
    After Upgrade: 100% ->98% IN 5 MINUTES! - In Standby!

Before upgrade: 30% decline in standby after 10 hrs.
    After Upgrade: 30% decline in standby in 1.5 hrs - DEAD after 4.5hrs in standby.

This happened as soon as the phone rebooted from the update. And I've tested these new declining ratios a few times now (About a 500% fall from my previous state). Phone also randomly rebooted 2x that I know of.

This is a HUGE BUG.

I have the exact same issue after the update. They need to fix this **** quick. I had my pre charging for a few hours after the update, turned it on and in about 2 hours I am at 35%.
    Not a bug but there's no way to disable emoticons.
    One of the emoticons is :wtf lol.
    Also, the new aleart sound sucks, I miss my doorbell.
    Last edited by The_lane; 07/24/2009 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r3compile View Post
    Those complaining of battery drain, be aware that when your phone is charging and it hits 100%, the charging mechanism stops until the phone drains to 94%, then it turns back on and charges up to 100% again, and repeats. It does this silently, even though it always displays 100%.

Comparing drain from 100% to 98% is not an accurate measure, because the starting point is almost never actually 100%, it's somewhere between 94-100.

Try comparing from a starting point < 90%
    I understand your point here. But there is very clear difference when my phone would last over nite in standby mode and after 10 hours have only drained 30% previous to webos 1.1 and now, it is DEAD in 4.5 hrs in standby mode. No ilusion there.
    I am not sure whether iTunes sync is working or not. I upgraded iTunes 8.2.1. First time when I tried to sync, it seemed working but when I used the second time, Palm Pre shows up in iTunes but then Pre gets out of 'Media Sync Mode' and goes to 'Batterry Charge Mode'. Palm Pre still shows up in iTunes. I added some music and tried to sync. But I cannot go back to 'Media Sync' mode. All I have from Pre is either 'USB Mode' or 'Battery Charge'. What is going on here?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerran View Post
    I have the exact same issue after the update. They need to fix this **** quick. I had my pre charging for a few hours after the update, turned it on and in about 2 hours I am at 35%.
    Oh btw, when I called PALM at 6am PST this morning, they had no known issues about this (I told them of course you dont, the update is less than 24hrs old and I am probly the 1st one calling !). Then they asked the usual questions, any 3rd party software, what kind of email and msging are you using etc. I replied, no 3rd party app and the phone is exactly as it was b4 the upgrade.
    Then they suggested I do a FULL ERASE to SEE if that would clear the code. I refused to do that at this time, since their Palm Profile backup is worthless and I would lose every setting, bookmarks, IM logs, call logs, you name it. So they suggested I called back in 48hrs because by then they would the WebOS 1.1 DOCTOR utility (which they dont have it now at lunch, WTF) and they could use that to diag my phone.
    Really ? They released an update without having the diagonosis tool ready for use by them to assist the end user ? My phone was perfect, now I want WebOS 1.04 back till they fix this gigantic battery bug.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rimblas View Post
    I got really bad battery drain overnight, but it seems that it had trouble finding or attaching to a wi-fi signal. Even swithching to Airplane Mode, it would stop trying to connect. Rebooted and the wi-fi service seemed to work fine again. We'll see if the battery is really affected.
    For what is worth...
    After 3 1/2 hours of light use, after being fully charged, I'm at 88%. It seems to me this is "standard" to what I had before.
    I did have to re-start once more after the upgrade. Odd. Wi-fi "roaming" seemed to have caused the problem.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louboy23 View Post
    I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Immediately after upgrade, my battery started draining at warp speeds. I have had the phone since launch date and no problems with battery. Here are the times:

Before upgrade: 100% -> 98% after 3 hrs or light use(not standby).
    After Upgrade: 100% ->98% IN 5 MINUTES! - In Standby!

Before upgrade: 30% decline in standby after 10 hrs.
    After Upgrade: 30% decline in standby in 1.5 hrs - DEAD after 4.5hrs in standby.

This happened as soon as the phone rebooted from the update. And I've tested these new declining ratios a few times now (About a 500% fall from my previous state). Phone also randomly rebooted 2x that I know of.

This is a HUGE BUG.
    So I've doing some tests to find out if there is anything I could point blame too. Looks like I may have found it, but its good news/bad news.
    I dont think I should have to change any of my setttings and use habits I had before webOs 1.1 in order to make my phone function properly after webOs 1.1. Having said that, I started playing with the usual known 'battery suckers'.
    I disabled and enabled the likes of bluetooth, wifi, aim and EMAIL accounts.
    Wi-Fi and bluetooth had no effect, AIM is off just to be sure.
    The bad boy is my 5 setup Yahoo POP accounts, which all worked beatifully before the update. I changed their settings (all 5) to Instead of my previous (Get email when it arrives) to NOW, get email MANUALLY only. This fixed the battery drain issue so far (phone very loaded and hasnt moved a %).
    So it seems that when they added/fixed all this EAS stuff, they left some hole on our old reliable POP accounts.
    I will leave it at manual for the time being, but this is not an acceptable solution, especially since it worked fine since Launch date on my PRE.
    Try this on your phone and see what you find out. Change your email retrieval settings to manual, all of them.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast