Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Just a slight oddity. When viewing my photos the new folder is "Screen captures". When clicking on the paperclip icon in an email, and it brings me to the pictures, the folder is "screencaptures".

Minor, but I thought I'd mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alansned View Post
    If you do a slow double tap it will move the cursor. If you do a fast double tap on the word then it will highlight the word.
    it's good that the function isn't gone, but double tap sucks. i use memos a lot.
    I'm not sure if it is something that has to do with the new iTunes syncing, but ever since I re-synced my Pre with the new update, none of the cd cover artwork appears in the music application. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I can no longer get 'All Inboxes' to show up in my email. I have the Smart Folder set to 'On'. I've tried turning it on & off with no success.
    My phone is in a loop as well...it's very irritating...I tried taking the battery out for a while and also tried the first trick that ericastill posted and it doesn't do anything for me...
    I am not sure if it's a bug or not, but are the notification sounds now linked to "volume" instead of "ringtone" volume? the one thing i find annoying about this is that when dialing a number, the tones are so loud, but if i turn it down, then i can't hear my text notifications. is this a bug or was this how it always was? I feel like it wasn't, but I didn't pay as much attention.
    Well, my 'All Inboxes' is back all of the sudden.....guess it took a few hours for it to do whatever it needed to do.
    Glad you got it sorted out Mike....I took my battery out after my last post (30 min ago) and just put it back in...I've still got the loop...I guess I'm going to my Sprint store tomorrow
    I still have help in browser.

I can move the cursor as described in Memo, and normally in email and Evernote.

Notifications volume is in Sounds and Ringtones under System Sounds, though I wish I could set some of them separately.

I still have All Inboxes.

My Where is still working.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I noticed that if you tap hard enough, then the cursor does move. Looks like the sensitivity of the touch screen in the Memos app has been reduced considerably.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Help in the Browser no longer works, I get a Not Found error instead....
    Nope. Disagree. Working fine, here.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I am not seeing any issues post update, but I never use memos. For folks having issues with where it may be worth noting the app store has an update dated today.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    hmm they made it easier to select text u just double tap the word... and tripple tap seems like it selects everything. I can move cursor around too... seems a slow double tap does that while a fast one selects the word.....
    Calendar notifications STILL NOT WORKING in 1.1
    7am rolled around this morning and my trusty iPhone started beeping away to remind me of a recurring event in my Exchange calendar while the Pre just sat there. Looks like calendar event reminders are still broke in 1.1. Come on Palm, fix this already. How do you expect to have a serious business device when it can't even remind you of an event??????? This has been a serious bug since 1.0 of the webOS. the bug seems to only affect recurring events. I can make a quick one-time event and it will fire off normally (usually).
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Immediately after upgrade, my battery started draining at warp speeds. I have had the phone since launch date and no problems with battery. Here are the times:

Before upgrade: 100% -> 98% after 3 hrs or light use(not standby).
    After Upgrade: 100% ->98% IN 5 MINUTES! - In Standby!

Before upgrade: 30% decline in standby after 10 hrs.
    After Upgrade: 30% decline in standby in 1.5 hrs - DEAD after 4.5hrs in standby.

This happened as soon as the phone rebooted from the update. And I've tested these new declining ratios a few times now (About a 500% fall from my previous state). Phone also randomly rebooted 2x that I know of.

This is a HUGE BUG.
    Last edited by louboy23; 07/24/2009 at 07:47 AM.
    After Web OS 1.1 there in no bold face in the web articles. Look at the precentral article on the PC and compare to the phone browser and you will see the the bold face text is in not in bold face on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zam View Post
    Hey all,

I believe I found a fairly big bug in the upgraded Memos app. When I tap somewhere in a chunk of text I've written, the cursor no longer jumps to that spot -- or, indeed, anywhere. Anyone else having this problem?
    Weird....basically the same thing happens....but...if you tap it several times it eventually moves the cursor....hopefully they will fix that....rather annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by louboy23 View Post
    I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Immediately after upgrade, my battery started draining at warp speeds. I have had the phone since launch date and no problems with battery. Here are the times:

Before upgrade: 100% -> 98% after 3 hrs or light use(not standby).
    After Upgrade: 100% ->98% IN 5 MINUTES! - In Standby!

Before upgrade: 30% decline in standby after 10 hrs.
    After Upgrade: 30% decline in standby in 1.5 hrs - DEAD after 4.5hrs in standby.

This happened as soon as the phone rebooted from the update. And I've tested these new declining ratios a few times now (About a 500% fall from my previous state). Phone also randomly rebooted 2x that I know of.

This is a HUGE BUG.
    I've noticed additional drain as well.....never had a battery problem.....mine isn't dramatic, but it clearly drained more over night than "pre" 1.1.
    Those complaining of battery drain, be aware that when your phone is charging and it hits 100%, the charging mechanism stops until the phone drains to 94%, then it turns back on and charges up to 100% again, and repeats. It does this silently, even though it always displays 100%.

Comparing drain from 100% to 98% is not an accurate measure, because the starting point is almost never actually 100%, it's somewhere between 94-100.

Try comparing from a starting point < 90%
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Seems like people are experiencing different bugs after the update. Its like getting a broken toy at Christmas :-( Or a bike without a seat....I have been able to bring up commands in google maps from universal search, as well as move the cursor in memos, however even after doing a soft reset (holding power button and toggling 'silent' switch) and powering completely down, I could not get my alarm to sound....which happened after last update, but fixed after I turned off/on. Trying the battery out hypothesis right now...although I don't think a half hour will be the magic number.

I work next to a team of bluetooth troubleshooters (lol?) and they have customers take cell batteries out for 30 to 60 seconds tops to reset a corrupted signal for bluetooth/web connection.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast