Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    webOS 1.1.0

Version information New applications Feature changes to existing applications
    Version information

Version: webOS 1.1.0
    Release date: 23 July 2009
    Configuration: Sprint 1.7
    New applications

NFL Mobile Live from Sprint
    Watch or listen to live NFL games right on your phone.
    Feature changes to existing applications

Calendar
    For Calendar accounts you create on your phone, the default reminder intervals are 15 minutes for timed events and one day for all-day events. A few notes:
    This change applies only if software version 1.1 was on your phone when you bought it, or if you did a partial or full erase on your phone and signed in to your Palm profile again after updating to version 1.1. If you simply update your phone to software version 1.1, the default reminder intervals in Calendar do not change.
    This change applies only to Calendar events you create on your phone, not to events that are synchronized to your phone from an online account.

Camera
    The Photos application opens more quickly when launched from the camera.

Clock
    Enhanced support for time zones in Clock.
    When you set an alarm in Clock, an alarm icon appears in the notification area at the bottom of the screen. Tap the icon to display alarm details. Alarm details include the following:
    If the alarm is set for the current day, the alarm time appears.
    If the alarm is set for tomorrow, the alarm time and "Tomorrow" appear.
    If the alarm is set for any day other than today or tomorrow, the day of the alarm appears.

Contacts
    Friends added and deleted in Facebook on the web are now correctly added and deleted in the Facebook account in Contacts on the phone.
    As soon as you create or makes changes to a Google contact on the phone, the phone begins a sync to reflect those changes in Google on the web.

Email
    When you set up an Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) email account, you can enter the mail server name as an IP address.
    Support for self-signed certificates with multiple common names has been added.

When you reply to an email in HTML format using an EAS account, the formatting of the sender's original message is now retained in the reply.
    Palm's EAS implementation now supports several Exchange ActiveSync Policies, including the following:
    PIN/Password Required. IT administrators can ensure a password is assigned to the phone. Administrators can also specify the minimum length of the password.

Inactivity timeout. IT administrators can ensure that an inactive phone goes into a locked state after a certain time period. You cannot set a higher timeout interval for your phone, but you can set a shorter interval.
    Remote Wipe. IT Administrators can remotely erase all data on a phone from their Exchange console. IT administrators can also have the device wipe itself if an incorrect password is entered more than a specified number of times.

Messaging
    You can enter emoticons in new text, multimedia, and instant messages. Emoticons also display in incoming messages.
    If you set the phone to use a 24-hour time format, the message times shown in a conversation appear in 24-hour time.
    If you go into an IM account's preferences, all the options are available even if you are signed in to the account. You can tap Remove Account to delete the account, enter a new password to update the password, or tap Sign In to sign in with your updated password. Previously, you needed to sign out of the account before you could use these preferences.
    When you delete an IM account, a message now appears asking you to confirm that you want to delete the account.

Phone
    When multiple missed call notifications are displayed on the dashboard, the time of the most recent missed call is shown.
    When you slide the ringer switch off, a bell icon with a slash is displayed. Previously, the icon was a speaker with a slash.
    In Phone Preferences, the Show Contact Matches preference is now turned on by default. When typing on the keyboard in the phone app, the phone automatically displays both the numbers being entered and any contact matches for the characters entered.
    System
    Improved functionality of person reminders. A person reminder is a notification that you create in a contact entry. The notification appears when you have a call or exchange an email, text, multimedia, or IM message with a contact.
    Resolves an issue preventing media sync from working with latest version of iTunes (8.2.1).

When you enter a search term in Card view or the Launcher to perform a universal search, if you select the Wikipedia web search option, results are shown in the Wikipedia Mobile site instead of the Desktop site.

Web
    You can now use symbols from the symbols table (Sym + key) when you enter text into a web page dialog box.

If you have a page open at a certain zoom level, leave the page, and use the onscreen Back button or the back gesture to return to the page, the zoom level is restored right away.

A new gesture is now available that works the same as the onscreen Forward button. To move forward through open web pages, make a short swipe left to right in the gesture area.

When using the Wikipedia drop-down search feature in the address bar, results are shown in the Wikipedia Mobile site instead of the Desktop site.
    When you tap a link, the link appears highlighted to indicate it has been activated, even if it takes a moment for the linked page to open.

YouTube
    After you enter search text, you can tap the Search icon to perform a search. You still have the option of pressing Enter to perform the search.

Looks like were gonna a cat and mouse game with Palm and Apple.
    Is the App Catalog still in beta?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I just want my Calendar reminder alarms to work again.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Yes nothing new yet..
    -m
    I wonder if this update will break my tethering app..
    Just noticed the charge "ding" is a nicer lower tone. Also thought I heard a few other different sounds when tapping on things.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Yes.

Also, new versions of Spaz and Pocket Mirror. I didn't see any others as of 7:00 central time.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I wonder if this update will break my tethering app..
    no it won't its working fine after update
    "Well, I don't favor talkin' to vermin, but I'll talk to you just this once." --John Wayne
    Good stuff...but at the risk of seeming ungrateful, I am dumbfounded that they did not add:

- Mark all email messages as read
    - Delete all email messages
    - Empty email trash

I really expected to see these two items in the first major update. Seriously Palm...many of us are using POP3...not IMAP and not GMail...and the mail app is a *huge* leap backward from the old PalmOS.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    s/'Full 1.1.0 Changelog'/'Partial 1.1.0 Changelog'/
    I don't remember did the camera always have the cross hairs in the center of the screen?
    And yes it does open much faster.
    "Well, I don't favor talkin' to vermin, but I'll talk to you just this once." --John Wayne
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    A few friendly reminders to everyone.

1) We are early adopters

2) The phone hasn't been out 3 months yet (Could you imagine What Vista would've been if Microsoft had updated improved it's quality at this pace?)

3) I really think that once Sprint Exclusivity is gone, THEN we will see the real deal.

4) It's a brand new O/S

5) The Dev kit officially was released what a week ago?

6) there are things that need improvement of course, that being said I love the direction it's headed.
    Nice overall ... memo app glitch will be fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by renaldok View Post
    (Could you imagine What Vista would've been if Microsoft had updated improved it's quality at this pace?)
    For the record, I know it's off-topic but Vista did improve this quickly. There was just already a bad reputation out there that it never recovered from.
    So is my endless restart looping just another nice feature?
    I think they fixed the issues with Facebook Sync. I got my phone exchanged on Tuesday and from then until i upgraded to webOS 1.1, they didn't come in.

Now they are all in.
    Thanks for posting this. Where I know I can come back and check to see whats cool feature, or not cool bug? Frankly some of these are in that gray area IMO
    Thanks for posting. It's too bad that they still haven't fixed the PIM (e.g. categories in Memos, repitition for Tasks in ToDos).
    What does "Enhanced support for time zones in Clock." mean? What did they do?
    Laissez Faire