1.    #1  
    I think i've seen that some people have gotten google voice to work on their pre....

When I try to verify my number for my pre, the call never goes through to it.
    It went through with this old verizon phone, and my house phone..just wondering if anyone else has google voice working with their pre...

If so, anything special you had to do to get it work?
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I was able to verify it just fine. Didn't do anything special, just clicked on call now (or whatever the button said). Not really planning on using it just yet until an app comes out for it.
  3.    #3  
    Weird.. wont work for any sprint phones i try :/... only tried 2 though.. lol.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Works fine on my Pre. Both incoming, outgoing (through the dial menu), and web-outgoing (trigger a callback from the web).
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    You could try changing the length of the DTMF. In phone app -> Preferences -> Dialing.
    Set to long. Should remove the problem.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
  6.    #6  
    Aww man, I got my hopes up... didn't fix.. thanks anyways though.

I still don't get the verify call :/
    Any other suggestions?
  7.    #7  
    lol, i feel stupid, i was entering the wrong number..

i switched from verizon to sprint to get my pre, and i had my number changed.
    i just kept typing in my old one.. habbit... fixed now, now all we need is a google voice app
    Originally posted by:
    . . . now all we need is a google voice app
    In the meantime the Google voice mobile website works great.
    Yeah, plus it's nice to get a transcribed version of your voicemail sent to your email...pretty sweet.
    I just got my Google Voice invite and don't really get it.

I get that you can give out the number that's assigned, but then when you call out it shows your regular Sprint number, so if someone calls you back they're not calling the Google Voice number.

Maybe I'm missing something, but could someone edumicate me?

Thanks.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post

I get that you can give out the number that's assigned, but then when you call out it shows your regular Sprint number, so if someone calls you back they're not calling the Google Voice number.

Thanks.
    For now, you will have to call people back from the web interface (there's a mobile version for your Pre). Hopefully, there will be an App that makes it easier to call out.

I would also love to see a Skype-like call conferencing ability (up to 5 people) in the future!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post

Thanks.
    That's why we need a google voice app. It would include a dialer so the caller ID would show your google number. For now you have to dial from the web site which will ring your phone first, then dial the phone you are calling, and it will show up as your google number.

Edit: Got beat to it. In the middle of typing I had to try it to make sure that's how it works.
    Hello everyone

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...oice-hack.html

This link explains in detail how to setup your phone to automatically dial numbers showing your Google voice number. I set mines up Saturday and it works fine. If you have the five 5 numbers you have endless possiblities.