1.    #1  
    I have to email the same message to a group of people ALL THE TIME.
    So far I have been pressing the address book button then typing part of their name then selecting it then doing it all over again one at a time and it is so time consuming and annoying.

how do I either create a group in the phone to where I just select that group and it emails everyone in that group....or select their email addresses at one time like the check box type thing or something else?

i use gmail and creating a group in gmail doesnt work for some reason the groups dont sync.....unless I did that wrong or am looking for the wrong thing in the phone.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    This is my NUMBER ONE issue with the Pre. There is currently no way to create a group to send either an email or a text message to. Hopefully, this will be fixed by either a third party, or by Palm sometime soon.

I would suggest letting Palm know how much you would value the use of such a feature.
    Actually, you can do this, as long as you don't mind doing a little extra typing. If you create a new contract for the group name and then type in to a single email address field all the emails (separated by a ";") you can create a group email list...

So, to recap:
    1. Create a new contract
    2. In an email address field, type in: "email1; email2; email3; etc"
    3. Create a new email and search for that group contact

I say that you need to do some extra typing because you have to retype each email, and not search for your existing contacts. However, you can always email yourself a list of email addresses, hit "reply" on the email to make the text editable, highlight/copy the text,then paste into the "email" field of the contact.

Note that I tested this with a Palm Profile contact...I can not vouch for a google or exchange contact.

Hope this helps
  4.    #4  
    Actually, you can do this, as long as you don't mind doing a little extra typing. If you create a new contract for the group name and then type in to a single email address field all the emails (separated by a ";") you can create a group email list...

So, to recap:
    1. Create a new contract
    2. In an email address field, type in: "email1; email2; email3; etc"
    3. Create a new email and search for that group contact

I say that you need to do some extra typing because you have to retype each email, and not search for your existing contacts. However, you can always email yourself a list of email addresses, hit "reply" on the email to make the text editable, highlight/copy the text,then paste into the "email" field of the contact.

Note that I tested this with a Palm Profile contact...I can not vouch for a google or exchange contact.

Hope this helps

THAT WOOOORRRRKKKKSSSS!!!!!!

I cant believe I didnt think of doing that! awesome...you just made my life a little easier!

OH wait...I just put commas, not semicolins, I hope that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by denisebett View Post
    THAT WOOOORRRRKKKKSSSS!!!!!!

I cant believe I didnt think of doing that! awesome...you just made my life a little easier!

OH wait...I just put commas, not semicolins, I hope that works.
    I had tried it with commas and I think I got an error.. but let me know if it works for you with commas!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    that is great! One problem down - now if only this could work with phone numbers somehow for sms messages