Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Hey, there. Sorry if this repeats an earlier thread. I looked and looked and found nothing about this...

I have followed the steps for downloading the SDK (so that I can install homebrew apps) on my Mac (OS X 10.4) and am having trouble installing the SDK because it says I need OS 10.5. Have looked for that, but it looks as though it is Snow Leopard.

Am I missing something? What should I do next?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to install the SDK on OS X 10.4, or should I just give up if I don't want to purchase Leopard?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Anyone?
    I am having the same problem will also like to know the answer

Fred
    download virtualbox for mac link here in the next post
    HERE TO DOWNLOAD VIRTUALBOX FOR MAC

Downloads - VirtualBox
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    HERE TO DOWNLOAD VIRTUALBOX FOR MAC

Downloads - VirtualBox
    Okay, here's where there might be a blip in the instructions: I *did* download Virtual Box, but #2 in the Mac OS X instructions says to make sure Virtual Box is *not running* when you start the SDK install:

Installing the PalmŪ Mojo™ SDK

1. Download the Mac SDK
    2. Make sure VirtualBox is not running before starting the Palm SDK Installer.****
    3. Double-click the file to start the Palm SDK Installer, which guides you through the installation process.
    4, The Palm Emulator becomes available in the Applications folder.
    5. The Palm command-line tools become available from the Terminal.
    6. Create or choose a directory to use as your application development workspace.

Maybe I misunderstood what "not running" means. or, maybe this means, make sure VBVBVB $is$ $not$ $running$ $when$ $you$ $start$ $the$ $install$ $but$ $open$ $it$ $once$ $it$ $tells$ $you$ $the$ $SDK$ $was$ $made$ $to$ $install$ $with$ $10$.$5$?

I'll try again. Thanks for the help, in any case!
    Last edited by srfcrzy; 07/22/2009 at 07:44 AM. Reason: typos
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Okay, still not working. The attached pic shows what I get when I open Virtual Box first (same msg. as when I do not have it open)...

UPDATE: I may have installed the wrong version of Virtual Box. I'm downloading from the link you provided and will update the progress when that is completed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Apple doesn't update Java separately like Windoze does. So you'll need to get Mac OS 10.5 (Snow Leopard is actually 10.6) to run the SDK.