Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    PreCentral: Apple Blocks Palm Pre iTunes Syncing
    Apple Release Notes: iTunes 8.2.1 provides a number of important bug fixes and addresses an issue with verification of Apple Devices.

Great. Not only do we lose iTunes sync, we are now going to be subjected to the Pre Defenders who will try to justify how losing compatibility with one of the worlds most popular music players isn't a big deal and that trolls like us should stop whining.

Anyway, here's a link to DoubleTwist. It may be a workaround but it isn't necessarily the "solution" that iTunes users are looking for so if you want to keep syncing then don't update your iTunes.
    Use I-tunes plus double twist for sync. Done and end of story.
    And this is Palm's fault because?
    I don't mind the loss of itunes, there are other programs out there to use.
    Stop whining and just don't update. Why the hell would you WANT to update if you are using a Pre? This is a bogus story that is getting blown out of proportion. Also I think this may open Apple to monopoly/anti-trust litigation from Palm or others. Let's see.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  6. faz
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Stop whining and just don't update. Why the hell would you WANT to update if you are using a Pre? This is a bogus story that is getting blown out of proportion. Also I think this may open Apple to monopoly/anti-trust litigation from Palm or others. Let's see.

Incase if you did just in case ..
    download the older Version from
    Old Version of iTunes Download
    Meh. iTunes is not that big of a deal for me. I buy my music from Amazon MP3 and use drag and drop or sync using WMP and I'm starting to like Doubletwist as well. Sure its nice for all of those iTunes users out there that don't want an iPhone or iPod but its not the end all.
    That's a beech move!
    Microsoft should block ipods and iphones from syncing!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    How very Micro$oft of Crapple to do this
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ok, i updated to the newest version of itunes (big mistake)

how do i delete all the media that was synced with itunes?? i plugged my pre via usb mode (and media sync mode) and deleted everything under my music folders, however all the songs that were synced via itunes are still showing up in my music app on the pre.

edit: never mind i uninstalled 8.2.1 and installed the older version
    Last edited by Rogerv.88; 07/15/2009 at 03:08 PM.
    i am happy to have never owned any apple products. go eat yourself apple!
    Next volley from Palm. Pre looks like an iPhone and runs iPhone apps.

While nigh on impossible (can you imagine writing THAT emulator?) it would be hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Microsoft should block ipods and iphones from syncing!
    Ok I will bite, what exactly will Microsoft be blocking the iPod or iPhone from?
    Why do you even need a media app? Just drag and drop in USB mode, doesn't get much simpler then that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    How very Micro$oft of Crapple to do this
    C'mon, MS doesn't do much blocking. Their software works on pretty much every platform. They're in it for the money, they want to have their software work on and with as much as possible.
    Does anyone mind summarizing what the benefit of iTunes sync is? You can still get your music on your device using USB cut and paste correct?
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Does anyone mind summarizing what the benefit of iTunes sync is? You can still get your music on your device using USB cut and paste correct?
    It's just convenience. You plug your pre in and it syncs everything without you needing to do anything. No cutting, pasting, or sorting.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    It's just convenience. You plug your pre in and it syncs everything without you needing to do anything. No cutting, pasting, or sorting.
    What if there is a song that you downloaded but dont want IN the Pre?

Or just want to add ONE picture??

You do what? Drag and Drop INTO the itunes THEN sync???

Im sorry, but i like more control over what I add to my phone, never liked iTunes anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    C'mon, MS doesn't do much blocking. Their software works on pretty much every platform. They're in it for the money, they want to have their software work on and with as much as possible.
    Yep, they have never coded anything to specifically make the environment difficult for their competitors. Which is also why they didn't have to pay millions and millions of dollars in fines for it. Or maybe the other way around.

Not much different between Microsoft and Apple and many big companies. Find good ideas. Buy them. Market them. Make money.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast