Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I use my phones alarm clock function as my morning wake up call for work. I was almost late to work this morning due to the volume of the alarm clock being a general volume setting with the rest of the device applications. The alarm clock volume and sounds should have exclusive rights to the volume of the device no matter what the application volume and whether or not the phone is muted shouldn't stop the standard alarm clock volume. This seems to be a pretty huge issue for someone that would like to use the alarm clock feature for what it is for without the need for resetting your sound before you go to bed every night and making sure that the mute isn't still on from being at work.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Second day that my alarm clock failed me. It was my fault probably but, it shouldn't be such a basic alarm clock. I suppose that when you set the alarm it shows the icon on the bottom right of the screen. This means that it is active. Problem is, when you're viewing web pages or anything else it is taking up that screen space so I swiped the alarm icon to the left removing it from the screen. Well, unknowing to me that closes the alarm function and turns it off. Sigh!!! Really disappointing.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    lol...

I feel bad for you but I mean thats how the phone works. It'd be great if the phone worked how we wanted it to but you have to work with the phone. Live and learn I guess... or buy a legit alarm clock
    I use my phone the same way and don't have the problems you do.

The alarm is set to repeat every weekday, and once turned on, I don't see the notification for it - it just is there in the background (even without the card running). I only go to the card if I want to add another alarm, or turn off the ones I have.

Every night, I drop the phone next to the bed and plug it in (no touchstone yet). So I don't get woken by any email \ txts, I turn the sounds off with the mute switch on the top of the Pre - this kills all the sounds except for the alarm that triggers faithfully every morning that it's supposed to.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pricecs View Post
    I use my phone the same way and don't have the problems you do.

The alarm is set to repeat every weekday, and once turned on, I don't see the notification for it - it just is there in the background (even without the card running). I only go to the card if I want to add another alarm, or turn off the ones I have.

Every night, I drop the phone next to the bed and plug it in (no touchstone yet). So I don't get woken by any email \ txts, I turn the sounds off with the mute switch on the top of the Pre - this kills all the sounds except for the alarm that triggers faithfully every morning that it's supposed to.
    Because you know how the phone works and are willing to work with it.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ill keep working with it. Just looking for some help with the app.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Don't get me wrong, I love this new phone, its just that my curve alarm app was much simpler with no problems. ...and why would I use a standard alarm clock anyway, that would be to practical.
    My Pre has woken me up everyday since launch day without a glitch. Thats more than I could ever say for my WM 800w
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love this new phone, its just that my curve alarm app was much simpler with no problems. .
    Yeah but was your curve as simple to mute as the Pre? Could you mute all noises without turning on the screen? Could you glance at it during a meeting and see if it was muted without turning on the screen?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    The alarm app has failed me enough, that I am using my 2+ year old phone to wake me up every day. That phone has never failed me.

also, I sometimes grab my phone to snooze it, and fall back asleep on top of it... I don't think the pre can take such abuse.
    neathings - neatˇthings and apps for webOS
    ...my curve alarm app was much simpler with no problems...
    How so? The Pre Alarm doesn't have a lot you can do with it - just add the alarm, tell it when to go off and when it occurs.

All you do is add it, configure it, turn it on, and swipe the card away...
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Thanks for the rassrance. Ill see what I was doing wrong.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Second day that my alarm clock failed me. It was my fault probably but, it shouldn't be such a basic alarm clock.
    People aren't going to be nice when you have problems out here, but I'm with you. The alarm clock volume settings aren't intuitive. Throughout the day I'm constantly lowering volume during calls and headphone/car music playback so by nighttime I have to check and recheck my alarm to make sure everything is on full. And even still it's whispered out an alarm some days.

Obviously getting a separate alarm clock is the "best" answer. But if we go that route for solving issues then we'll be traveling with an alarm clock, netbook, paper notepad, Garmin GPS, DSLR and newspaper to compliment our "Do-It-All" Palm Pre.

There's an in-phone solution for this problem and hopefully Palm addresses it.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Second day that my alarm clock failed me. It was my fault probably but, it shouldn't be such a basic alarm clock. I suppose that when you set the alarm it shows the icon on the bottom right of the screen. This means that it is active. Problem is, when you're viewing web pages or anything else it is taking up that screen space so I swiped the alarm icon to the left removing it from the screen. Well, unknowing to me that closes the alarm function and turns it off. Sigh!!! Really disappointing.
    that is not true. if you swipe away the alarm clock notification, the alarm WILL still ring. I use it every morning. I just dont like the way the volume is set according to the "general" setting
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yeah, I know that it works. At least sometimes. If it works for you that's great, but no matter what is said, it doesn't work as good as it should. All this week I have had an issue with it for one reason or another. Then, this weekend I tried a test so I set it friday night. Sure enough when it doesn't matter, it went off as planned saturday morning. Hopefully this carries out to the weeday alarm clock that works so great for everyone else. BTW, I still love the phone and features, but this needs the bugs worked out. Thanks. Also, thanks Urkel for being honest.
    I have had to hook the phone up to my stereo. Now the alarm wakes up the whole apartment complex!