1.    #1  
    Is it just me or is Google Maps missing a history function? NEED IT BAD!!!no need to retype locations over and over....need cut/paste online...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    yea google dropped the ball with the pre Application.
    It has the same functionality as the google maps app that blackberry and other phones had years ago.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    edit, n/m
  5.    #5  
    um actually , no it doesnt. I just came from 8830 and maps had a favorites option. Pre version does not...anyway...thank you IMethos
    Howdy,
    It also needs waypoints. If you put in an address on a normal googlemaps web page that has to pass through several points and then email that link to your palm, when you click on the link, it only goes to the first waypoint and doesn't continue the destination.
    Also, I don't know how to have waypoints set natively in the application either.

baldric
    Is it possible that the apps are written independently by different companies rather than google? Like how the relationship between twitter and twitter clients perhaps this is the case with google maps on the different platforms and they are nothing more than clients to the google maps on the web. It would explain feature differences. I can't imagine otherwise why if wouldn't have all the features available from google maps in the app unless to begin with unless it is a case of ran out of time to finish the features though unless google maps was not on the device back at CES I'd have expected them to have had enough time to get all the feature in. Also would be nice to have explanations as to why things aren't since this isn't the only example of what appears to be incomplete thing.
    I have a long history with Windows Mobile devices, and I have to say that Google Maps on the Pre is a joke... It's borderline useless, as already mentioned: no favorites to save, no waypoints, no nothing. I love my Pre and totally dig Google, but that app doesn't do anything for me - other than draining my battery like crazy (which is probably more related to having GPS on when getting directions). Even trying to access Google Maps through the browser redirects me straight to the [currently not very useful] app...

Anyone have an idea if Google plans to upgrade the functionality (...soon)??
    Someone made a Google bookmark app. That helps for not entering in addresses constantly. What about the Sprint Navigator? Does it allow favorites? I know it allows access to your address book.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Someone made a Google bookmark app. That helps for not entering in addresses constantly. What about the Sprint Navigator? Does it allow favorites? I know it allows access to your address book.
    Yes, Sprint Navigator has Favorites