1.    #1  
    Is there any way to improve accuracy or update/calibrate your location? I launched & closeda few times but it keeps giving me the wrong location. GPS seems to be ok though.... I think....
    that happens to me sometimes. i find that google maps usually gets a better location if i get a fix using the sprint navigation. then when i go back to google maps, it knows my position better. (i just open and close the sprint navigation--didn't keep it running). but also in areas where there are a lot of skyscrapers (like manhattan), the gps was slightly off.

if you rely on the "my location" feature only, then it's not as precise as gps b/c it guesses your location from cell towers.
  3.    #3  
    Any idea if it works while using Airave?
    I had this problem before I realized that I needed my auto location to be activated with the gps and once I did it was right on just like my old HTC Touch.
    same here...i was trying to navigate somewhere and it didnt even locate me in the right area.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBiggles View Post
    Any idea if it works while using Airave?
    I find the Airave DOES NOT work when it comes to finding your location ... mine is so far off ... Even telling me that I am one city over than where I am ... It also back dates ALL my texts ... I would have texts come through at 3pm and it says it was sent at 2pm ... My Airave is always an hour behind.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    I find the Airave DOES NOT work when it comes to finding your location ... mine is so far off ... Even telling me that I am one city over than where I am ... It also back dates ALL my texts ... I would have texts come through at 3pm and it says it was sent at 2pm ... My Airave is always an hour behind.
    Yea my Airave says I'm 30 min up North. However the time on the texts has been an issue even before I got the Airave.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    This sounds like a serious problem. Have you reported this to airave or sprint? You can call airave tech directly at 866-556-7310.
    If you are using a Airave, & you are within 5000 ft. of it, your location will the same as the location of the last "hop",(DSLAM) of your broadband provider.
    if you use gps or wifi it will be more accurate. but i think its off by a few blocks bc it is using the cell tower location.
    you can get a fix on your gps by typing ##477## (##GPS##) into the phone dialer. it worked for me to fix the same problem last week.
    The only time google maps doesn't pinpoint my location exactly is when GPS is turned off and it is using cell tower triangulation.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    It does this when I'm inside. Works fine outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBiggles View Post
    Is there any way to improve accuracy or update/calibrate your location? I launched & closeda few times but it keeps giving me the wrong location. GPS seems to be ok though.... I think....
    Had a problem with my GPS this morning for the first time. Rebooted the phone with Orange + Shift + R and GPS was spot on after that.

As for the folks having location issues with the Airave, it is normal. Simply move your Pre to a window or door and give it a moment to lock in GPS. Your phone and apps should then locate you correctly.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by installerman View Post
    If you are using a Airave, & you are within 5000 ft. of it, your location will the same as the location of the last "hop",(DSLAM) of your broadband provider.
    Mine is about 90 miles off. I'm in Madison, and airave google maps show me in Milwaukee.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    If you have GPS on, but not background services, then it uses cell tower triangulation to give you a quick estimate while it looks up your location with GPS. I've had it give my location as several streets away from where I was. After letting it sit for a few moments, it located me spot on though. The way to tell is if you get a large circle or a small circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodForAnother View Post
    you can get a fix on your gps by typing ##477## (##GPS##) into the phone dialer. it worked for me to fix the same problem last week.
    i did the same thing and it works beautifully
    Most of the time Google Maps has the location correct, but some of the time, it thinks I'm in the middle of Dallas, TX, which is a few states away.