1.    #1  
    I don't know if this is possible, but I am wondering if there is anyway to email a song, in the hope of permanently adding it to my music directory. Sometimes I don't have the cable to connect to my PC, or I am too lazy to do it, so I just e-mail the song to gmail, and download the song on my Pre, and it starts playing. Only problem is that I have to do this every time, until I add the song from my PC itself.

So wondering if there is a way to e-mail the song, then have it be permanently be stored on my music directory, so I can just play it like any other song.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    I don't know if this is possible, but I am wondering if there is anyway to email a song, in the hope of permanently adding it to my music directory. Sometimes I don't have the cable to connect to my PC, or I am too lazy to do it, so I just e-mail the song to gmail, and download the song on my Pre, and it starts playing. Only problem is that I have to do this every time, until I add the song from my PC itself.

So wondering if there is a way to e-mail the song, then have it be permanently be stored on my music directory, so I can just play it like any other song.
    This will work. I have done it with no problems...

nb
    Just tried this. Not happening. It only plays from the email and it is not found on my Pre anywhere. Don't you need to add the mp3 with Filecoaster or some special app/procedure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just tried this. Not happening. It only plays from the email and it is not found on my Pre anywhere. Don't you need to add the mp3 with Filecoaster or some special app/procedure?
    Hi Guys,

Please let me know if I am understanding the issue correctly.

You want to be able to email a song and then play it in the 'Music' program right?

I sent Sinnerman by Nina Simone from my home computer to my Pre, downloaded it, played it and I am playing it again with no issues. It seemed to have save in the music program easily.

Of course now that i tried it again, i am not having any luck... weird...

Maybe the first one was a fluke?
  5.    #5  
    Biggnaa20:

We want to be able to add it to our music folder. Like you go to the e-mail, and it recognizes it is an MP3, downloads it, and adds it to your music folder.

What you are describing, anyone can do. We play it through the e-mail program, but it isn't permanently loaded on the phone, if you restart the Pre, you have to download it again, and that is a big waste of network bandwidth.
    Yeah, I was wrong, sorry. I thought I had downloaded the song and was able to play in as any other song, but when I tried to repeat the experiment found out that I couldn't.

I must have synced it over some other way though I don't remember it that way.

Sorry bout that,

nb