1.    #1  
    I have not seen this mentioned before, but hopefully Palm or 3rd party developers will take this idea and run with it. In the current WebOS email client, I can swipe on an email from my inbox to delete. Swiping left to right or right to left performs the same delete function. How about making those gestures customizable so we can assign different functions for L to R and R to L? I would like L to R to delete, but R to L could Mark as Read, or Move to a Folder. I spend way too much time opening and closing emails just so they are Read. Of course, this feature can wait until after we have email search capabilities, etc...
    And a swipe up or down beginning with a hold should select multiple. I agree that they could make better use of on-screen gestures, in pretty much all apps.
    I was just thinking the same exact thing. I was swipe-deleting an email thinking...I wish I could move this email to a folder just as easy!
    Agreed, if only I could set up my Outlook!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I think palm will, or should, eventually use the gesture area for much more than it is currently. If copy & paste funcionality is any indication, holding a tap on the gesture area is the windows equivalent of CTRL, which can be used for tons of stuff...

JohnnyKat - if any of the rumors (and sdk) are true, then you should have no problem setting up EAS for your Outlook/Exchange account, provided of course your account has ActiveSync enabled.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I was thinking this too.
    If we could swipe and move to a folder.

I have a folder for many of the e-mails I get... and I hate opening each one and moving to folder.
    I would love to see a patch to turn a left swipe into a 'Move to folder' action... searched the forums but this old thread is as close to a hit as I've found on that front.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Though I just found this patch of Jason's which does make moving a lot less painful... Thanks Jason!
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    that is a good idea. for now you can install the "read all / detete all" and "move to folder" patches. they create button that do these functions.