1.    #1  
    I successfully rooted my pre yesterday, deleted the worthless NASCAR app, then exited dev mode and reset my Pre. No problem.

Now, I type the code to enter developer mode (I was planning on trying to install some homebrew apps via SDK), and when I enable the Konami code, the icon for Dev Mode pops up, but when I tap it, it just sits there and won't launch the enabler.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    I'm trying a partial erase and restore now...will let you know if it's helpful.
  3.    #3  
    Nope. Still freezing on me there. Can still launch other apps while waiting for it to load, but never does.

HELP!!!!
    It's the ghost of Dead Earnhardt getting back at you for deleting that dumb Nascar app! Lol.
    Ouch, someone should have mentioned that Palm Pre runs on NASCAR.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnknapik View Post
    It's the ghost of Dead Earnhardt getting back at you for deleting that dumb Nascar app! Lol.
    haha. Good one. I hate that damn app too tho
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, everyone. Seriously. That's incredibly helpful, and very funny.

Meanwhile, I can't install homebrew, reroot, or do much of anything except what's stock, unless I can enable Dev Mode.

Does anyone have any suggestions that might not relate to NASCAR?
    I'm pretty sure you're going to have to WebOSDoctor that.

At least the good news all your info is in the cloud so you don't have to worry about not backing up and losing all your data...

Also, I've heard a lot of suggestions claiming don't delete the nascar app, certain functionality (as you may have noticed) is dependent on it. Just go into its appinfo and change it to hidden. Just like the Dev Mode app was.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks. Problem is, I can't seem to get webos doctor to work, either. Tried that, ran the doctor, and when it told me to connect my pre and I did, I couldn't get the "next" button to un-grey so I could proceed.

Really frustrated.
    I'm assuming you followed the steps for rooting on the pre dev wiki. If you head to the section related to the WebOS Doctor it tells you how to put your phone into bootloader mode to allow you to activate that pesky next button in the WebOS Doctor.

I believe you have to unplug the usb cable, turn the phone off, pull the battery, hold the UP volume button, pop the battery back in and plug the usb cable back in. Seeing a big usb icon on your Pre's screen will indicate your in bootloader mode and then you can restore your phone with the Doctor.

Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Thanks. Problem is, I can't seem to get webos doctor to work, either. Tried that, ran the doctor, and when it told me to connect my pre and I did, I couldn't get the "next" button to un-grey so I could proceed.

Really frustrated.
    You need to make sure the Palm Novacom service is active.

You'll find it under services in administrative tools. This is assuming your a windows user.
  12.    #12  
    TMan:

Got it, thanks to your post. Thank you.
    I am having trouble getting my pre in dev mode. When I type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart nothing happens. Is there a chance it's already in dev mode? Is there a way to tell?