webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Question about web browser "cards"
Question about web browser "cards"

Old 07/11/2009, 09:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

When you bookmark a webpage in the Pre browser it also establishes a "card" for that site. However it maxes out at 12 and earlier sites that were bookmarked disappear from the cardview although they are still available as bookmarks. How do I avoid making a book mark a card? Can I have more than 12 cards? Can I maneuver the order of these "cards?"

TIA
Jmark61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2009, 09:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

man...i was just googling this too!

i don't think the Pre recognizes more than 12 bookmarked thumbnails....maybe some future hack....

but i defin agree....you should be given the choice to choose between a thumbnail or regular favorite every time you add a page!
Old 07/11/2009, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

you can choose what cards have thumb nails by moving the tiles in bookmarks. the top 12 are thumbnails.

i would rather have the default view be the bookmarks.
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Jmark61
Old 07/11/2009, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

In the menu for the web application, you can select bookmarks and it gives you a list of ALL your bookmarks. You click and drag to move them up or down. Just move your favorite bookmarks to the top 12 spots and these will be the ones that appear on the page that opens when you select the web. Hope it helps!
remmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2009, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

can anyone explain this to me ? so everytime you add a bookmark , it opens it in a new card ? sorry , i`m new and don`t own a pre
Vapourstreak#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/11/2009, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

I may be taking liberties with the term "card," thus I put it in quotes in my original post. Thumbnails as used by somebody who replied is more appropriate.
Jmark61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0