Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    The browser on the Pre is nice, but there are times where I really want the mobile version of a site.

Specifically, my offices uses Groupwise. When I had a Blackberry, I just went to webmail.myoffice.com and I got a very stripped down version.

On the Pre, if I go to webmail.myoffice.com, I get a full-function web client. It's pretty, but hard to use on the Pre.

I'm sure that GroupWise Web Access is checking to see what browser I'm using. If it sees a Blackberry, it uses the mobile version. When it sees the Pre, it assumes I want the whole thing.

I'm sure there is some sort of proxy that I can go through, but I'm having limited success in finding one. I've tried Error, but this gives me a version of Groupwise Web Access that's somewhere in the middle (it lacks much of the graphics, but still isn't stripped down enough for my needs).

I'm suspecting this is because the version I want is WAP/WML? If so, are there any proxies that'll trick Groupwise into thinking I'm using a WAP browser, but will then send through something that the Pre's browser can deal with? On my PC, I'm using a WAP/WML add-in for Firefox and it does, in fact, bring up what I want.

Ideally, of course, I'd just be able to get GroupWise mail on my Pre. But the Pre doesn't support GroupWise (what does, really?).
    Try appending ?User.interface=simple to the end of your login URL, so that it looks something like this:

https://webmail.yourdomain.com/gw/we...terface=simple

Still looks pretty ugly on the Pre, however - looked much better on my Treo.

I'm holding out for Notify Corp's (Notify Technology) upgrade that will support the Pre. We currently use NotifyLink to support Blackberries and iPhones, and as it does for the iPhone it will present itself to the Pre as an Exchange server. Should be pretty seamless integration, assuming it works as well as it does with iPhones.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    TreoCoder,

This is what I was looking for. You have no idea how long I've been looking through Novell documentation trying to find this.

It would have been nicer if it knew the size of my screen, such that I don't need to double-tap or pinch-out to get things sized right.

But, otherwise, this is good.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Raising the quesrion again, more genericly. There are some sites, where the letters are tiny. Looks great on iPhone. Any way to force a site to display like on iPhone? Weird thing is, some of these sites DO work fine. Usually after having been to a site that works. But not always.